Is the name Chloe a ridiculous name in Germany?

Hello,
i’ve heard that the name [name_f]Chloe[/name_f] is really similar to a german word meaning “toilet”…is it true? So i guess this name is not really used in Germany, right?

Thank you.

Please can a [name_m]German[/name_m] speaker give me an answer?

It would not be a good choice in Germany, no. Here is a list of top 500 baby names in Germany if you are curious what kind of names are popular: Hitliste der beliebtesten Vornamen 2016 [Top 500]

You’re correct in that the association with ‘Klo’ (slang term for a toilet) is distasteful enough to discourage its use in [name_m]German[/name_m]-speaking countries. The pronounciation is basically the same sans the ‘e’ ending. There is also cultural pushback in some areas against names that sound very ‘American’, for lack of better way to put it. They can be considered ‘trashy’. All of these factors would dissuade parents in these countries from using this name.

Thank you, it’s really interesting, actually i was not going to use this name but it still good to have some informations…
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f] is a Greek name, it doesn’t sound super American imo. For me an American name is for instance [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f].