Is the name Valentina snooty?

Thank you so much! I love your username!!!

Lol, sorry about that. I just don’t have good experiences with Isabellas. [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] sounds nice though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t blame you. It’s difficult to detach from associations once they’re ingrained. [name_m]Just[/name_m] as it’s difficult for me to detach from the association of the one [name_f]Valentina[/name_f] I know. I appreciate your input, nonetheless! :heart:

I’m Italian and here it was a common name for girls born in late nineties-early 2000, it’s not a posh name…quite normal.
Perhaps in [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking countries because of sounding, length and the ending -ina, it can be considered on the frilly, elegant side, similar to [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] for example…

1 Like

i know maaany valentinas, extremely common name in my country, some are snooty and some not lol but i don’t think the name itself is, it’s a sweet name

I get where that imagery comes from (even without the personal association) as I think many longer names, especially those with rather frilly endings, give off a super feminine vibe, that, at times can be associated with the typical mean girl.
Nevertheless, I think once you actually know someone with the name, whether or not you previously had that imagery in your head, you’ll have a completely different perception of the name!
[name_f]Valentina[/name_f] is a lovely name and that person shouldn’t stand in the way of you liking or using the name; however, if you can’t bring yourself to using it as a first name, though I think nicknames can make it more approachable - my favourite is Vita; I think it also makes for a gorgeous middle name :sunny:

That’s okay. I’m sure your daughter will be lovely even if she has [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] as a middle name. :heart: I have known one or two nice Isabellas at least.

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] is quite pretty :heart: We are a mixed heritage family, Italian one of them, so naming has been so tricky! Haha, thank you!