Is the nickname Addie over-common?

See the results of this poll: Addie - too common a nickname?

Respondents: 43 (This poll is closed)

• Yes : 25 (58%)
  • No: 18 (42%)

Where I live, it definitely is.

I think it’s getting to be very common, yes. Names like [name]Adelaide[/name], [name]Addison[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], are becoming very popular, and a lot of the time its because of the nickname [name]Addie[/name]. I think it’s cute, but getting too trendy and popular.

Where I live, yes, they are. I like [name]Adelyn[/name], but I think the best I’ve heard to get [name]Addi[/name] is from friends who named their daughter Addrielle!

In the UK I wouldn’t say it’s popular at all.

Where I live it’s common but not as common as [name]Maddie[/name]. I hear [name]Maddie[/name] EVERYWHERE!

I work with girls and I’ve never met a single girl who goes by [name]Addie[/name].

I think [name]Addie[/name] is gorgeous. Of course I have one :wink: I follow name trends pretty close, but failed to catch this one. My [name]Addie[/name] was part of the first and strongest wave during late 2006 when [name]Addison[/name] and [name]Adaline[/name] were running rampant. [name]Adelaide[/name] is now getting more and more popular but if i am not mistaken [name]Addison[/name] and [name]Adaline[/name] are fading. I feel like [name]Adeline[/name], while it is gaining momentum will never be as big as [name]Addison[/name]. At least not where I live. My daughter doesn’t have any of these names, for what it is worth. I am really glad we didn’t see this trend coming (though looking back it was painfully obvious) I love her name and it fits her amazingly well. Despite the popularity of [name]Addie[/name] (which seems to be mostly among 6-5 year olds) she gets a compliment on her name every where we go.

I think love of a name trumps popularity. Sometimes popularity will hold you back, but generally it is because you didn’t love the name to begin with.