is Theodore about to get popular?

We’re down to 2 names, [name]Theodore[/name] and [name]Duncan[/name]. [name]Theodore[/name] seems perfect in so many ways- we like that it’s longer, that it has multiple nn options for the future, that it goes wonderfully with our dd’s name and flows well enough with mn and ln. Strong and classic, yet sweet and not overly popular. [name]Duncan[/name] doesn’t have any nn potential, doesn’t flow as well, doesn’t go as well with dd’s name-- but just makes us both smile, and is definitely fairly unique as well. On of my questions now is whether [name]Theodore[/name], going with the current trend toward vintage names, is likely on the verge of a major rise in popularity. I would be really annoyed if, 5 years from now, [name]Theodore[/name] had become as popular as all the Emmas and Abbys and Sophies that we see everywhere (which I’ve always thought were lovely names, but are just too common now for my personal taste). I feel pretty confident that a [name]Duncan[/name] would be the only one in his class, but not so sure that [name]Theodore[/name] will manage to stay below the radar. What do you think? Is [name]Theodore[/name] likely to hit the top 100 in the next 5-10 years?

I could not imagine [name]Theodore[/name] becoming the Emmas, Abbys, and Sophies of today. But that is different than being concerned about the top 100 which is a slight possibility (emphasis on slight).

I think among Nameberry users this names is already very popular. Generally I think it will become popular, but not like [name]Jacob[/name] or [name]Alexander[/name] popular.

I agree with the pp. Everyone on Nameberry seems to love [name]Theodore[/name]! In the real world, I’ve never met one. I think it’s cute and ages well, but I can’t imagine it getting overly popular. I can see it getting into the Top 50 maybe, but I don’t think it will get into the top 10 any time too soon.

That being said, I much prefer [name]Duncan[/name]. You and your husband like it most and I like it much more than [name]Theodore[/name]. [name]Duncan[/name] has a lot of history and it does have nicknames. [name]Dun[/name], Dunk, [name]Duke[/name] (maybe), Can, [name]Dan[/name], [name]Danny[/name] (maybe), Dunker, [name]Dune[/name]…I’d call him [name]Dune[/name] if i shortened it at all.