Is there any way I could get Posy from this? (Troll bump)

It’s a huge stretch, I’ll admit that straight off the bat, but with the trolls rolling back in I figured I’d try and bump their threads down a bit. :slight_smile:

As I’m sure the majority of you know, I have an enduring love for [name]Posy[/name], but I just feel its too cutesy on its own. Anyway, I remembered hearing [name]Josie[/name] as a nn for [name]Johanna[/name] a while back, and [name]Josie[/name] and [name]Posy[/name] are almost interchangeable for me (a la [name]Josephine[/name]), so I went to [name]Johanna[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name] straightaway. I do realize, however, that there is just no connection at all between [name]Johanna[/name] and [name]Posy[/name]! However, I do like the idea of [name]Johanna[/name] nn [name]Posy[/name], and [name]Johanna[/name] is a family name for me, so I’d like to have it on my list if I could.

Right now [name]Eve[/name] ([name]Evie[/name]) is the last spot on my top 10, but if I could find a fuller [name]Posy[/name] name I could love, it would take [name]Evie[/name]'s spot in a heartbeat.

Is there any way I could get to [name]Posy[/name] from [name]Johanna[/name]? I had thought about possibly using two flower MNs, thus getting to [name]Posy[/name] through the MNs, but I’m still not convinced, and I’m curious to see if there’s another way I could get to [name]Posy[/name] without actually using two flower names. I do sort of like the idea of [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name], though.

Thanks, ladies!

I don’t think so, it doesn’t make sense imo however, there is a saving grace to the nn [name]Posy[/name]! [name]IMO[/name] [name]Posy[/name] is on the level of nn’s like [name]Clover[/name] , [name]Sunshine[/name], [name]Bunny[/name] so I think technically you could use it for any name. You could name your daughter [name]Emma[/name] and call her [name]Posy[/name] if you’re willing to tell people this is the nn we liked for her in general and not necessarily for her name. So I say use it, just don’t try to tie it to a majority of names.

Another long stretch name might be something like [name]Apolline[/name] though because of the “po”

[name]Posy[/name] as a nickname for [name]Johanna[/name] is a really, really big stretch. Unlike with [name]Josephine[/name] or [name]Josepha[/name] or [name]Josephina[/name], there’s no P to make that tiny bit of sense. Maybe the idea of a flower middle name/something that starts with a P could work, but it seems like a lot to get to [name]Posy[/name].

I think if you love the nickname [name]Posy[/name] enough it could work out, but I still see it as too much of a stretch.

Also, [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is stunning!

• [name]Athena[/name]

Thanks, [name]Ashley[/name]–I’m getting rid of them as fast as I can!
[name]Linda[/name]

I think [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] is beautiful, but I do think [name]Posy[/name] is a big stretchy. As has been suggested, [name]Apolline[/name] might work (but it’s a stretch), I think [name]Pollyanna[/name] or [name]Paloma[/name] or [name]Persephone[/name] could work, but they’re all stretches.

I love it. It seems I see a lot of people looking for ways to [name]Posy[/name], and I just want to say, nicknames don’t have to make sense! I think it’s really cute to have a special name that isn’t so obvious. And honestly I find it less… annoying, I guess, (but that’s not the right word, because it’s not annoying) to just say “we just like it” than to try to create a connection.

If you really love it, use it without a longer version. [name]Just[/name] [name]Posy[/name]. It’s adorable. I would love to meet a little [name]Posy[/name]. If you definitely want it to be a nickname, I like spacecow1993’s suggestion of simply using it because you like it. I second [name]Johanna[/name] [name]Iris[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name] as a superbly stunning name. :slight_smile:

I think if you had a [name]Johanna[/name] and you called her “[name]Josy[/name] [name]Posy[/name]” and then sometimes just “[name]Posy[/name]” – it would (or could) eventually lead to [name]Posy[/name] all the time. So I think just using a double nn at first would help people see the connection and make it seem as natural to them as it is to you.

It doesn’t make sense to me, but it would be your baby girl, and I applaud you trying to find a link back to the name! It does make me want to cry in frustration that some people here think [name]Posy[/name] is just some meaningless word to throw around whenever they want, [name]Posy[/name] has been around before the name [name]Josephine[/name], and it deserves respect as its own name too! I’m fine with people using [name]Posy[/name] for [name]Josephine[/name], even if it doesn’t make sense to me, it makes sense to others so I’m out voted!! :stuck_out_tongue: But you can’t just use [name]Posy[/name] as a nn for any name out there!