Is there any way to get to May as a nickname...

Without using [name]Margaret[/name]? I don’t dislike that name, but I’m not crazy about it either. I love [name]May[/name], but it feels incomplete as a given first name.

Sure.

[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
Any [name]Mary[/name] name (historically where [name]May[/name] is derived)
[name]Madeline[/name]

[name]Maisie[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Mayim[/name]
[name]Mahalia[/name]

There’s also the option of hyphenating and having [name]May[/name] in it…eg. [name]Lola[/name]-[name]May[/name]

I think [name]May[/name] could stand on its own. If not what about:

[name]Esme[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]
[name]Mamie[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]?
[name]Magdalene[/name]/a?
[name]Magnolia[/name]?

I like [name]May[/name] all on its own, actually.

[name]Marguerite[/name]
[name]Ismay[/name]
[name]Mary[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Maybelle[/name]
[name]Maya[/name]

I have heard of the name Maybry ([name]MAY[/name]-[name]BREE[/name]). Nickname [name]MAY[/name]?

I babysit a little girl named [name]Macy[/name] and her mom calls her [name]May[/name] all the time. Pretty much any name that starts with the “[name]May[/name]” sound works.

Or, [name]Martha[/name].

Let’s not forget that [name]Queen[/name] [name]Mary[/name] went by [name]May[/name] her whole life.

I think [name]May[/name] is great all by itself, and I agree with the posters – you can use all the [name]Mary[/name] names, all the names in honour of [name]Mary[/name], and then any other Ma- combination.

Or you could go something like [name]Annabel[/name] [name]May[/name] or [name]Elisabeth[/name] [name]May[/name] and use [name]May[/name].

I know a little girl named [name]Mabry[/name]. It’s the mother’s maiden name, but she has always gone by [name]May[/name] as an homage to her great-grandmother.

Thanks for the suggestions and opinions everyone! I’m still mulling it over though.

Isaberry, [name]Martha[/name] nn [name]May[/name]? I’ve never heard of that before. [name]How[/name] intriguing.