Is This An Issue?

If you had a daughter called [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] could her sister have the middle name [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?

(not expecting, just collecting)

I don’t think it will be a huge problem for them but I’d feel uncomfortable using two names so similar.

It’s something I would personally avoid.

I’d be fine with it as long as they weren’t both first names, but I think most people on Nameberry will disagree with me. In real life, I’ve met siblings with similar names like that and no one thinks anything of it as long as the first names aren’t the same/almost the same.

I don’t see anything wrong with it. Something to keep in mind, though, is what would happen if you’d have a third daughter? Would you feel obligated to give her a first or middle name that is some form of [name_f]Rose[/name_f]?

I don’t like it, I wouldn’t personally use [name_f]Rose[/name_f] as a middle name and would use [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] as a first name.

Doesn’t seem like it’d be an issue to me. I think it would be a sweet connection, actually.

I think it would be kind of cute, though I agree with one of the previous posters that if you had a third daughter you might be forced to use a [name_f]Rose[/name_f] name again, or at the very least a flower name. If that’s not a problem for you, then I’d say go for it!

My answer exactly.