Is this corny

[name]Baby[/name] is due [name]December[/name] 18th and I’m still unsure of what to call her!

I was just wondering if you thought this was corny (the middle name, not the first)

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Holiday[/name] Marinaccio

For some reason, [name]Holiday[/name] is seeming fun to me, since she will most probably be born right between Hannuka and [name]Christmas[/name]. Is it corny to use [name]Holiday[/name] as a name? Does it sound too much like a last name (because of [name]Billie[/name] [name]Holiday[/name])?

do you prefer other seasonal choices:
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Snow[/name] (this one unfortunately rhymes with the last name…not sure if I care though)

Yeah, definitely corny. I think anything is fine in the middle, though, so go for it if you really like it. [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] is kind of pretty, but [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Snow[/name] Marinaccio is a bit nursery-rhymish. [name]How[/name] about [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Noelle[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Ivy[/name], or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Clara[/name] for a more subtle holiday theme? [name]Juliet[/name] is lovely, either way! :slight_smile:

I like [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]- it’s actually on my list of possible combinations. Not sure I’m looking for subtle though, I want the middle name to have a bit of a fun feel if that makes sense.

Hm. Not too, too corny, but a little bit. And, what if you have another baby born between, say, [name]Valentine[/name]'s [name]Day[/name] and St. [name]Patrick[/name]'s [name]Day[/name]? Would [name]Holiday[/name] fit again? Technically, yes. Actually, my biggest objection is just that it’s rather long…

Would you consider using [name]Blue[/name] (or [name]Bleu[/name]) to honor the [name]December[/name] birthstones - turquoise, lapis lazuli, blue topaz, or tanzanite - all of which are blue? [name]Julia[/name] [name]Blue[/name] has a slightly better sound than [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Blue[/name], but both are rather whimsical in my opinion.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

[name]Hi[/name] again lemon,
You’ve been a great help.
[name]Aria[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] ([name]Juliet[/name] as a middle was your suggestion, since bf liked [name]Aria[/name] [name]Julia[/name]) is still a possibility, as are [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Scout[/name], [name]Aria[/name] [name]Winter[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Iris[/name], [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Olive[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Clover[/name], [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Scout[/name].

Last week I was hiking with my dog, and passed my doctor who was also hiking with her dog. Her dog was a black lab named [name]Scout[/name], which kind of made me feel odd about considering [name]Scout[/name] as a middle.

[name]Julia[/name] [name]Blue[/name] sounds good, but as a first name I much prefer [name]Juliet[/name] to [name]Julia[/name]. I wish I could just change my bf’s surname so I don’t have to stick with a short middle name. [name]Do[/name] you think it really matters if a middle name flows with a last name, or if a middle name is too long for the last name, since the middle is hardly used?

[name]Amanda[/name],

1. I didn’t know all of those other options were still in play! I still think [name]Aria[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] is very romantic, but [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Scout[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Clover[/name] are great names!

2. I have a friend with a dog named [name]Scout[/name], too, named for Girl Scouts, not [name]Scout[/name] in ‘To Kill a Mockingbird,’ so I see your issue with [name]Scout[/name] being a “human” name. Obviously [name]Demi[/name] [name]Moore[/name] didn’t have the same thought!

3. [name]Do[/name] I think it really matters that a middle name flow with a last name? Really matters? I suppose not. But, if you can find one that does, I’d pick it - personally - over one that doesn’t. Honestly, though, I think [name]Juliet[/name] is just difficult to find a middle name for! I think it goes best with something beginning with a vowel, to be honest, and I can’t find one relating to winter to suggest. As for [name]Aria[/name], I think [name]Aria[/name] [name]Neve[/name] would be stunning, but the classic [name]Aria[/name] [name]Noel[/name] is pretty, too. For [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Snow[/name] is my favorite, but not so much with Marinaccio. [name]Amelia[/name] [name]North[/name] is fun - like the [name]North[/name] Pole! - or even [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Frost[/name], though it is a little on the harsh side. Whoops, forgot about [name]Annabel[/name]! [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Neva[/name] or [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Neve[/name] are nice, as is [name]Annabel[/name] [name]Frost[/name]. [name]Even[/name] [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Blue[/name] is great, even better than [name]Julia[/name] [name]Blue[/name]!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

I actually don’t think [name]Holiday[/name] is corny at all. I quite like it. It makes the name kind of . . . celebratory.

I think [name]Holiday[/name] makes a cool, not corny middle name.

Good luck!

[name]How[/name] about [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Neve[/name] which means “snow” I like that its less obvious.

I think [name]Holiday[/name] is just fine as a mn. You can be a little more adventurous with middles and who knows, if you have other children you could do some kind of mn theme depending on what time of year they’re born if you wanted.

Ok, [name]Holiday[/name] is doable.

There has got to be someone more creative than I who can think of a list of cool naes to go with the [name]Holiday[/name] season. Try starting a new thread asking specifically for [name]Holiday[/name] names.

I love [name]Winter[/name] [name]Wren[/name] myself, not really holiday and off topic. I just think it’s pretty.

[name]Holiday[/name] is do-able. I prefer [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] though, just my opinion!

Personally, I love [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Holiday[/name]! Perhaps it’s because I love [name]Billie[/name] [name]Holiday[/name], but either way I don’t find it overly corny. Plus, it’s a middle name so you can sort of go crazy. I think it makes a lovely choice.

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] and [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Snow[/name] are both really gorgeous, too. I like [name]Snow[/name] as a middle name for [name]Juliet[/name] particularly - but if the rhyming does start to bother you, I’d stay away from it.

I second suggestions of:

[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Neve[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
and [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Ivy[/name].

Good luck!

Thanks spiderweb and gwensmom for the responses.

I think [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Winter[/name] has a little bit better flow than [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Holiday[/name].

I like [name]Holiday[/name]! It’s different and fun!