Is this cute or cruel?

I have a friend with a daughter named [name]Juniper[/name]. I think it’s extremely adorable! It’s not cruel at all! :slight_smile:

I see why you think it is cute
but I just can not picture a child name [name]Juniper[/name] not getting picked on a lot.

My problem with [name]Juniper[/name] is that it doesn’t tell me if it is a boy or a girl’s name. I think girls should have obviously feminine names.

[name]June[/name] is very pretty so that is the way I would go or put [name]Juniper[/name] as the mn.

Feedback from my six year old g.s. here and he asked is [name]Juniper[/name] a girl or a boy. I asked him if he liked [name]June[/name] as a substitute name. He said, Yes and [name]April[/name] too.

Out of the mouths of babes!

i love juniper, and i think it goes nicely with beam. there isn’t ANY consonant repetition and i think that’s cool.

not sure how being called jupiter could damage someone’s psyche, and “jupiter beam” doesn’t make sense… so there’s easy retalliation. it puts me in mind of a time when i was little and very pale (still am, the latter anyway), and some kid asked if i was albino. i just looked at him in disbelief and said, “…i have dark brown hair. so, no.”

the nicknames are sweet and well-established, to counteract any perceived “weirdness” of the full name. if you like it, go for it!