Is this girl name too close to a family member's name?

We are not planning to have a baby yet, but my boyfriend and I have been talking about potential names for the future. He likes [name_f]Serena[/name_f] a lot for a girl, and although I think it’s a lovely name & very pretty, (it also reminds me of [name_u]Sailor[/name_u] [name_f]Moon[/name_f] which I loved as a child) I also have a cousin named [name_f]Celine[/name_f], which sounds similar to me.

Recently, I’ve found another name which I adore: [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but he says he isn’t too fond of it and may reconsider. A few things to note, I like very elegant and feminine names such as the two mentioned above, so other name suggestions similar to those are welcome, and my boyfriend’s surname is two-letters and starts with L. What are your thoughts?

I don’t think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Celine[/name_f] are too similar at all. If you liked [name_f]Selena[/name_f] that might be different, but even then it is your cousin so unless you are really close to your cousin, I don’t think it would really matter.

1 Like

I think [name_f]Serena[/name_f]’s just fine! I could see the similarities if it were [name_f]Selena[/name_f], but the ‘r’ gets rid of the Cel/Sel sound in the beginning which is where the similarity comes from. I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] too!

Some other names I can come up with off the top of my head are:

[name_f]Tierra[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelica[/name_f]
[name_f]Jasmine[/name_f]
[name_f]Elora[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f]

1 Like

I prefer both [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and Azealia to [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. ([name_f]My[/name_f] favorite being [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].) I think they are easier to say since they aren’t so “r” heavy. Maybe he would consider those?

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps!

I don’t think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Celine[/name_f] are too close.
I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]!

[name_f]Amalia[/name_f]
[name_f]Anastasia[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliora[/name_f]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Irene[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]
[name_f]Juliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Katherina[/name_f]
[name_f]Lavender[/name_f]
[name_f]Olivia[/name_f]

I don’t think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Celina[/name_f] are too close. On the other hand, would [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] split the difference between the two or work as a mn?

I don’t think [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is too close at all and it’s a great choice. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is nice also, and I also like the recommendation of [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]. Other thoughts:

[name_f]Seraphina[/name_f]
[name_f]Septima[/name_f]
[name_f]Severine[/name_f]
[name_f]Persephone[/name_f]
[name_f]Magnolia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanora[/name_f]
[name_f]Sirena[/name_f]
[name_f]Athena[/name_f]
[name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Olympia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cressida[/name_f]
[name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]

[name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Celine[/name_f] share some similar sounds but are not too similar to use [name_f]Serena[/name_f], especially since this isn’t a super immediate relative. Like they’d maybe be a little matchy for sisters but outside of that it’s perfectly fine.

Definitely not! [name_f]Serena[/name_f] is gorgeous and not too close to [name_f]Celine[/name_f] imo.

[name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Celine[/name_f] don’t sound too similar to me at all. [name_f]Selene[/name_f] or [name_f]Selena[/name_f] would be something different, but [name_f]Serena[/name_f] seems absolutely fine to me.

1 Like

[name_f]Serena[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] are both lovely! [name_f]Celestial[/name_f] and starry feeling :slight_smile:

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Alessia[/name_f]
[name_f]Aleah[/name_f]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Sofia[/name_f]
[name_f]Emilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Liliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Paloma[/name_f]
[name_f]Eliana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elara[/name_f]