Is this name actually usable?

I’ve been thinking and suggesting [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] nickname [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] a lot of recent I just think it’s really pretty and would be a slightly different way to honour a [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. But is it usable?

My ‘[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]’ would be mixed race. I’m white British (mixed ancestral heritage) and my partner is black British of Ugandan heritage. She’d be brought up in a relatively working class urban part of [name_u]London[/name_u] from working class parents. Her surname would be Oryang pronounced ori yang. I know when it comes to names or life in general these factors shouldn’t be taken into consideration but in real life where this stuff does matter would she standout with a name like [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] or would it be easier to just go with [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. Probably thinking too deeply into it maybe it’s quarantine life making me over think but currently TTC and becoming obsessed.

So anyways what do you think?

Thank you

I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] could work. I’ve met lots of kids from lots of background at my work and I wouldn’t be surprised by [name_f]Primrose[/name_f]. I think the -rose ending makes it usable and people are definitely picking bolder names now

I definitely think it works although I do prefer [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]! I also think Prim is a better nn, I never liked [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] (though I love just [name_f]Rose[/name_f].)

I think [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] is lovely, and I don’t think you’d run into any problems with it, especially with such a classic nickname like [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]. If you and your partner love the name, then by all means go for it!

I think it is useable and think it is really pretty. I don’t think you should have any concerns about the last name either.

I do however think of the hunger games books when I hear primrose.

I have a friend who is named [name_f]Paige[/name_f] and her daughters are [name_f]Polly[/name_f] and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] . I love the set and she calls them the three peas in a pod

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] that helps with your social isolation worries !

I knew a [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] in primary school, and I didn’t think it was weird, and no one else commented on it, so I think it’s usable. [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] as a nickname definitely helps too.

I would never use it… No person wants to be called Prim, and that’s the natural nickname that’s going to come.