Is this name really so frilly?

So [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] has been my number one name for a long time. She has ties to several family members and has a flower in her name, which is something I really love. However, I’ve had a few people tell me it’s way too frilly to use and that I should go with a different approach. It’s really disheartening to hear when I’ve put so much thought in it. Maybe if I explain the name people will understand it better? The list pretty much goes as follows:

• I love flower names
  • [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] was my maternal great grandmother’s name
  • [name_f]Rosa[/name_f] is my paternal grandmother’s name
  • [name_f]Marie[/name_f] is my middle name, as well as my aunt’s
  • [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is my sister’s middle name in addition to being a family name

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me wrong, I very much appreciate the help people are willing to give, but I just can’t stop loving the name I put together. I’ve tried [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f], a similar name I absolutely adore, I’ve tried variants of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but nothing can seem to stick. Besides, if [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] does find her name to be frilly she could always use a nickname. [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is one I plan on using since it could easily fit a tomboy :slight_smile:

Sorry for the rant, but this has been eating at me for a while now. What do you think of [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]? Is it too frilly? [name_f]Do[/name_f] I need to come up with something else?

I personally don’t like the name at all and the spelling. In my opinion [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is better suited for a middle name and I also think [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is too common and overused. But if i had to chose a first name with [name_f]Rose[/name_f] in it I’d go with [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] and also I’d go with [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] over [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f].

I don’t think it is too frilly at all. I think it’s a great name! I only wish I could find a name that I absolutely love right now. [name_f]Every[/name_f] person has different tastes in names just like music. Use what You like. Everyone has something to say until the baby is born then they forget and fall in love :wink:

From reading the title of this thread I was expecting something like Bellissandria or something… I can see how it comes off as a very sweet name (it doesn’t scream “future CEO”), but it’s a perfectly fine name. I do think options like [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] or [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] feel a little more contemporary, but it’s a matter of style. It’s the perfect name if it feels perfect to you, especially with the personal meaning, and you just have to make peace with the fact that you can’t go around explaining the meaning to every person who ever sees the name.

Absolutely nothing wrong with [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]!! [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t let anyone tell you otherwise. It is a strong, yes frilly, but normal, nice name with plenty of nicknames should she choose later to go by something else. And it has meaning to you! Stay strong :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is just fine. I love [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], and because I’m Flemish [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is familiar spelling to me. It’s a lovely name. I’m not a big fan of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but there’s absolutely nothing wrong with it in the middle name spot. If this is a combo you love and the names have meaning to you, there’s no need to change it.

I would usually say that [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] with an -ie is too frilly, but as the -marie part specifically honours someone, I think it’s OK. I think [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] would also honour a [name_f]Marie[/name_f], though.

[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is commonly used as a middle but I really like it. It doesn’t feel as arbitrary as [name_f]Mae[/name_f] or [name_f]Rose[/name_f] often do to me.

I like the idea, but can’t get over the -marie ending. That is what kills it for me. [name_f]Marie[/name_f] seems incredibly dated and somewhat tacky to me. I prefer [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] better suits your desires and is far prettier on the ear, in my opinion.

I think it’s extremely frilly and girly BUT that’s not a bad thing at all. Some people want a very girly frilly name, some people want a spunky sassy name, some prefer unisex names. I don’t think just because this name falls into the frilly/girly category makes it a bad name. It’s perfect for that category and your reasons behind it are great.

Rosemarie Elizabeth…

Rosemarie Elizabeth is an elegant, strong name. Yes the name has a frilly vibe but at the same time Rosemarie is a classic and so is Elizabeth the names aren’t overtly frilly feminine like for example Florentina, Andromeda or Araminta. Rosemarie is a great ‘rose’ variant and it’s lovely that it features so many family names and has great family associations for you. Furthermore the potential Romy nickname could defiantly work as a tomboy option if your daughter isn’t a girly girl like the nickname Rose or Rosie would suggest. Elizabeth as a middle name for Rosemarie is really effortless and has a great sound. Elizabeth is a great name a strong biblical choice, she sounds beautiful with Rosemarie.

Not more frilly than other popular names like [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Lilliana[/name_f], etc. [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is beautiful, classic, and underused. [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is amazing! I’m currently considering it as a nn for [name_f]Ramona[/name_f].
Personally I prefer [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], but I don’t think you can go wrong with [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]. And p.s., don’t tell people your ne choices, outside of nameberry. Everyone has a (uninformed) opinion and things will change when they meet the baby!

[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] is nice. I don’t see what’s frilly about it. It’s less frilly than many other names that are currently popular.

[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is stunning! There are so many other names I would label frilly before even thinking about [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f]! [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Lacey[/name_f], [name_f]Liliana[/name_f], [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Arabella[/name_f], [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], etc.

I think [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] sounds strong, classic, and a tad vintage. You should use it!

I prefer [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] to [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and since it’s specifically to honour someone, I think it’s the best fit.

I don’t see it as an overly frilly name (there are definitely frillier) and while it might be outdated now, it might make a comeback someday. Especially with the appeal of an underused flower name.

I knew a [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] years ago. She’d be about 30 now. I thought it was a sweet name, a bit more [name_m]French[/name_m] than the other [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] variations.

As for [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], it’s very classic and very common. I think it balances out the more unusual [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] nicely.

Plus, [name_u]Romy[/name_u] is a more modern option.

Everyone you know (and don’t) will have an opinion on the name you plan to use for a child. I heard a lot of criticism about using [name_u]Finn[/name_u] for my son. After he was born though, for the most part people went quiet. They may look at me a little strangely, but they keep their negativity to themselves. I wouldn’t worry.

My daughter’s name is [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] and we use the nickname ‘[name_u]Romy[/name_u]’. There are lots of people who love the nickname, but kind of seem disappointed that her full name is [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]. But who cares? This is MY daughter, and she’s named after family members, and the name holds a special meaning for me and my husband. And with the middle name, that’s not going to be said on a regular basis (unless she gets in trouble a lot), so choose what you want.

That being said, she’s called a variety of things by others: [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Rosie[/name_f], [name_f]Rosita[/name_f], [name_m]Rome[/name_m]-dog, etc. So the name is fun because it opens itself to tons of nicknames.

At the end of the day, [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a beautiful name, and you will have a wonderful daughter that will appreciate that her name was given so much love and care.

If that is the name you love, go with it! I don’t think it’s over the top frilly, I’d say feminine. And there is nothing wrong with frilly or feminine names.

[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to me is classic, timeless and beautiful.

[name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is fine but I prefer [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]. The latter is less frilly.

I think [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is stunning and classic!

I love [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]! I love ‘[name_f]Rose[/name_f]’ names, [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] to me sounds nice as well. I like the name combo very much, to me it is elegant, modern enough, has lots of nick name options, and best of all has lots of person ties to your family in several different ways. Go for it!

I think [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is an established enough name that it doesn’t sound frilly, at least not in the same way [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] or [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] is. I think [name_f]Rosemarie[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is lovely.