Is this name timeless?

I really love the name [name]Lisa[/name] for a baby girl. My husband thinks its too out of style and I wanted to ask your opinion. Is [name]Lisa[/name] truly timeless? [name]Do[/name] you think it could work for a little girl? Please comment!!!

Sorry but I really don’t like this name for a baby. I think it is [name]WAY[/name] out of style but not so out that it can come back in time soon. I honestly cannot see it on anyone under 50, so I agree with your husband that it is awfully dated.

Nope, it’s dated to me, 70s and 80s. [name]Don[/name]'t like it. Sorry.

It is in the 500’s in Aus but I can picture it on a little girl my name is 80’s in [name]America[/name] but over here it is used for babies so often

Too dated for a comeback, sorry. I like the suggestion of [name]Elise[/name], though.

I think that [name]Lisa[/name] is a litte too out to be in right now. It had that really big influx in the 60’s and 70’s so now it seems dated. So, I agree with your husband. However, I think [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Elise[/name], [name]Annalie[/name] ([name]Annaliese[/name]), [name]Elsa[/name], or [name]Isla[/name]. I hope that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

Here’s a graph showing the trajectory of [name]Lisa[/name]'s popularity:

I definitely see it as very 70s/80s, as has already been mentioned. I wouldn’t consider it to be timeless at all.

Having said that, a name being ‘dated’ doesn’t make it unusable. It can still have a certain charm. You love it, and there’s nothing really wrong with the name [name]Lisa[/name].

I dont see anything wrong with it, if you love [name]Lisa[/name], then use it:)

[name]Lisa[/name] feels really dated to me. What about [name]Elise[/name]? Or [name]Eliza[/name]?

It is a little dated, but I think you should still use it if you love it!
I have a friend called [name]Elisabeth[/name] nn [name]Lisa[/name] which I think is nice if you wanted something longer

[name]Lisa[/name] is a lovely name, very sweet, I think it would be wonderful to find a baby named [name]Lisa[/name]. I think it is dated as is [name]Jennifer[/name] and [name]Ashley[/name] but I why not use a pretty name like this if you like it so much?

rollo

My name is [name]Leslie[/name], and I’ve been called [name]Lisa[/name] before by mistake–by more than one person. Honestly, I kind of cringed on those occasions and IMMEDIATELY corrected the person! Last time it happened, I did say (jokingly) that [name]Liesel[/name] was fine by me, however (haha)!
I really do like [name]Liesel[/name]/[name]Liesl[/name] a lot, though. And I think I probably prefer the spelling [name]Leesa[/name] over [name]Lisa[/name], not exactly sure why, but there it is.
For whatever reason, I just do not like the name [name]Lisa[/name] at all. I do think it seems dated and was very popular in the past, but I do not consider it a ‘classic’. MAYBE verging on ‘modern classic’, but that is even a stretch as I see it.

Would say it is too dated- BUT a girl in college with me is named [name]Lisa[/name] [name]Lynn[/name] and I actually think that’s adorable!

Its dated…not timeless…but its not horrible like some of the names people come up with on nb
There is a new disney junior show called gaspard and lisa. The characters are dogs…I thinks its ok to use…but its not timeless

I think [name]Lisa[/name] is very dated :confused: It’s very 1960s/1970s to me…

[name]Lisa[/name] might be dated, but it’s still a very pretty name, [name]IMO[/name]. If you love it, use it. I can’t think of many names that are timeless. I think people overthink the concept of names being dated; even popular names like [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Addison[/name] will be completely out of style one day. Who knows, in a decade or three, [name]Lisa[/name] might come back.

If you’re really uncomfortable with it being dated, you could always update it with a more fashionable middle name, i.e.
[name]Lisa[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Lisa[/name] [name]Alexis[/name]
[name]Lisa[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Lisa[/name] [name]Amelie[/name]
[name]Lisa[/name] [name]Gabrielle[/name]

You could also consider alternative like:
[name]Lela[/name] (prn [name]Leela[/name])
[name]Alisa[/name] (prn ah-[name]LEE[/name]-sah)
[name]Mila[/name]
[name]Elisa[/name]
[name]Lieselotte[/name]
[name]Lisandra[/name]
[name]Liza[/name]
Misa

[name]How[/name] about [name]Clarissa[/name]? A little dated as well, but I think it could be more ready for a come-back?

I know a little [name]Lisa[/name] (5 yr old) who has a twin sister named [name]Naomi[/name]. I also consider [name]Lisa[/name] dated, but the name really suits her. Now, I can’t think of her with any other name.

It is dated, but if you love it, go for it. I’m in high school and the most popular girl at my school is named [name]Lisa[/name], so for me, I’m used to it. Haha

[name]Lisa[/name] is really dated.