Is this name to androgynous??

See the results of this poll: Is Waverly Reese too androgynous?

Respondents: 125 (This poll is closed)

• Yes. Waverly needs a feminine mn! : 43 (34%)
  • No. Waverly Reese sounds like a beautiful girl’s name. : 49 (39%)
  • Yes but it’s still a lovely pairing - go with it!: 33 (26%)

I have only ever known [name]Waverly[/name] as a girls’ name, so it seems feminine enough to me. I also consider [name]Reese[/name] to be the feminine version of [name]Rhys[/name]. I would assume [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] is female and be surprised if it was a boy.

I think of [name]Reese[/name] as a male name and [name]Waverly[/name] could go either way I suppose, so I do think a more clearly feminine middle name would be a better choice.

I would assume [name]Waverly[/name] was female. Though I personally don’t like the flow with [name]Reese[/name] and I would do a more feminine middle, but if you’re in love with the combo I think it’s okay.

I think [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] is a beautiful name. And I voted that it would be a great combo. Personally I’d probably prefer one name that was more strongly in the girls camp but I prefer full name combos to have a strong indicator of gender. But [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] is a nice combo.

I would be really surprised to meet a boy named this. It would be like a boy named [name]Whitney[/name] [name]Morgan[/name], possible, yes, but it feels feminine to me

I would assume [name]Waverly[/name] was a girl, but I still think a more feminine middle would be a better choice.

Thanks for all of the replies! I really appreciate the input!

I wouldn’t know the gender just by hearing the name since both are unisex. If I saw [name]Reese[/name], I’d know it was a girl.
I don’t mind androgyny so I wouldn’t have a problem with girl [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] or boy [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reece[/name]/[name]Rhys[/name].

Agreed. I have a unisex name with a filler mn, and I’ve always wanted to have a feminine option to go by. My mn is boring and while I love my fn, it doesn’t have any feminine options, really. Besides, I find a unisex name paired with a decidedly feminine/masculine name much more interesting than two unisex names. I find something like [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Tess[/name] or [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Kate[/name] much more appealing, personally, androgyny aside.

I would choose a decidedly feminine middle name for [name]Waverly[/name].

This! I totally agree with Uselesskitty. [name]Waverly[/name] is a fabulous girl’s name, and [name]Reese[/name] is a cute middle. I think very few people would be confused by [name]Waverly[/name] as a fn. It seems very feminine to me.

Go for it!

Exactly this! [name]Waverly[/name] is very feminine to me. (It’s actually a gp name of mine.) [name]Reese[/name] could go either way, but with how feminine I see [name]Waverly[/name] I would be surprised if I found out it was a boy.

I’d think girl. [name]Waverly[/name] is very much female used, so I wouldn’t assume boy with it.

I am obviously a fan of unisex names with a daughter named [name]Dakota[/name]. But I would never see the name [name]Waverly[/name] and think it was a boy. And I think [name]Reese[/name] spelled with an ‘s’ makes it more feminine. We almost named our [name]Dakota[/name], [name]Reese[/name]. That was the runner-up name. So I love the name! If you love it, just go with it!

I think it sounds fairly androgynous, although I would first assume that [name]Waverly[/name] was a girl. If you absolutely adore the combo, then use it. [name]Don[/name]'t let other people’s possible perceptions dictate your decision. However, it doesn’t seem like you guys are completely sold, so I would continue to search for another mn.

[name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] is androgynous, but I’ve only ever heard [name]Waverly[/name] considered for girls. [name]Reese[/name] is the more girly spelling but when I hear the name [name]Reese[/name] spoken I do think boy (and the [name]Rhys[/name] spelling). I think it would be better for her to have something girly to go by if she doesn’t like [name]Waverly[/name]'s androgyny for some reason.

I love [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] but that’s exactly my concern - that if she doesn’t like the androgyny she should have a more feminine specific fall back name. I always wished I had that (as a girl [name]Corri[/name]) and my mn is not something I could use as an alternate name.

Thanks for all of the input from everyone. I’m still torn because I do love this combo!

In that case, what about adding in a third name? [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Reese[/name]? [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Jane[/name] [name]Reese[/name]? [name]Waverly[/name] ? [name]Reese[/name] [name]Just[/name] a suggestion. And, I do agree, having a more feminine name to use if she wants might come in handy one day. However, I did vote that [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] is perfectly fine to use. I think [name]Waverly[/name] is adorable!

I would only think of [name]Waverly[/name] as a girls name.