Is this name to androgynous??

I’ve thought about it but my husband is completely against two middle names. Our other top mn contender is [name]Jasmine[/name] (I’m still trying to fall in love with it but it’s DH’s fav) and I think [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Jasmine[/name] [name]Reese[/name] is so cute BUT since [name]Waverly[/name] is 3 syllables and out last name is 4, adding two more names would be such a mouthful and she may never have enough room to fill out her full name on official forms :wink:

While [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] could be used for a boy or a girl, I definitely think it leans girl rather than boy. That being said, you may wish to consider a mn that is clearly feminine if androgyny worries you. Also, remember that with any unisex first name, you must be prepared for people to ask your child’s gender or guess incorrectly, as mns aren’t shared in many situations.

Thanks again to all of you for the input! I think we’re gonna lean away from [name]Reese[/name] for [name]Waverly[/name]'s middle name and stick with something more girl-specific. We’ll just save [name]Reese[/name] in case we end up with a third girl eventually!

I voted yes but it’s still a lovely pairing. [name]Both[/name] names are pretty unisex but I think of [name]Waverly[/name] and [name]Reese[/name] (only this spelling) as mostly feminine names. So if I saw this name on paper I’d assume it was a girl. The flow and sound are nice so if you love it, just stick with it :slight_smile:

If you must use [name]Reese[/name] as a middle name you could pair it with [name]Rose[/name] or something… [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] [name]Rose[/name] maybe?! If [name]Reese[/name] isn’t a family name I would go with something else. Good luck :).

Ha ha! I went to school with a male [name]Whitney[/name] [name]Morgan[/name] ____! That’s a very bizarre coincidence. :slight_smile:

On its own, I think [name]Waverly[/name] [name]Reese[/name] might be a fine name for a girl. I do still see [name]Waverly[/name] as a more masculine name (as are most surname names for me), but [name]Reese[/name] spelled that way, to me, denotes female. HOWEVER, next to big sister [name]Auria[/name] (which I [name]LOVE[/name], by the way), I would definitely assume [name]Waverly[/name] was a boy. No question. Sorry – I know you’re set on [name]Waverly[/name], but my point is that I don’t think the middle name matters that much since most people won’t see it. So I’d say go with whichever middle you’d like.

[name]Waverly[/name] is really pretty, and if I heard of a [name]Waverly[/name], I’d think that the person was a girl!