Is this name too girly for a boy?

I think [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] would work great for a boy. [name_m]Israel[/name_m] is such a masculine name to me that a somewhat gender neutral middle name doesn’t seem like a problem at all.

1 Like

For me the main issue with [name_m]Israel[/name_m] is the political connotations. I don’t see any big problems with the nickname [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] though. To me [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] sounds fairly gender-neutral.

1 Like

I’ve only ever heard [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] used as a nickname for [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]/Isabelle/Isobel etc. To me, it definitely sounds feminine for that reason. Personally I would prefer the nicknames Iz, [name_u]Ray[/name_u]/Rae or Rael. However, [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] doesnt sound inherently feminine, so I wouldnt say it was unusable for a boy

2 Likes

Personally I think [name_m]Israel[/name_m] is a strange choice for a first name

1 Like

One of my best friends is dating a guy named [name_m]Israel[/name_m]/Izzy and I love it. It fits him really well and while initially it made me chuckle, I never thought it was too much.

I say go for it. I’ve seen two different shows this past week with men named [name_f]Kiki[/name_f] (Narcos: Mexico and Let It Fall, both on Netflix) and I promise you, neither was too feminine or girly! One was short for [name_m]Henry[/name_m] too, which I find unique, and I think [name_m]Enrique[/name_m]/Kiki would be such a cool name too.

Bottom line, [name_m]Israel[/name_m]/Izzy is a really wonderful name! I hope you use it. Best of luck!

1 Like

I was thinking the same thing! I’d love to meet an [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] called [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I love it!!

1 Like

Israel is a male name to me. I’ve known a number of them.

1 Like

I went to school with a boy named [name_u]Israel[/name_u]. His nn was [name_u]Izzy[/name_u].

1 Like

I love the nn [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] for boys! I have it on my list for a nn for [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] or [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]. While it may be more female-dominated at the moment, I think the actual sound of it is very unisex and absolutely works for boys. [name_u]Israel[/name_u] is definitely masculine as well, very handsome. I’m a sucker for Is- names.

1 Like

I think [name_u]Israel[/name_u] “[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]” is great for a boy. :slight_smile: [name_u]Israel[/name_u] definitely feels masculine to me, and I think [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] is a completely unisex nickname.

1 Like

I actually know a boy [name_u]Israel[/name_u] “[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]” and he wears it well

1 Like

I don’t think it’s too girly. [name_u]Israel[/name_u] is a lovely name and there have been male Izzys before, used as nicknames for [name_m]Isadore[/name_m] and Issachar. I consider [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] to be gender neutral for that reason!

1 Like

How about [name_m]Ozzy[/name_m] for a boy.

Izzy does sound feminine sorry