Is this name too matchy

Declan McLaughlan is the double lan at the end of both a bit too matchy sounding together? If so other suggestions for first name please?

It’s not the most matchy name I’ve ever seen but I do find it a little tricky to say out loud, it’s a bit of a tongue twister.

The double -lan ending doesn’t really bother me, but as a whole is very L-heavy, it’s has too many repeating sounds for my personal taste and it’s a bit difficult to pronounce.

I did trip of the sounds at first, but now I’ve got my head round it, I don’t mind it

It’s okay, just a lot of similar sounds so I stumbled over it a bit at the start.

In my opinion, It is a little matchy. Choosing a different “an” ending would work (Like [name_u]Julian[/name_u], [name_u]Christian[/name_u], etc), if there’s any you like, or even a name which has an “an” sound elsewhere (Like [name_u]Daniel[/name_u], etc)

I actually knew someone in elementary school with a very similar name (first name sounded a lot like [name_u]Declan[/name_u] and McLaughlan was his last name), so I think it can work, I don’t remember anyone commenting on it being hard to say or anything.

archer
asher
beckett
callum
emmett
everett
finn
holden
hudson
kieran
landon
liam
owen
rhys
ronan
rowan
sawyer
silas
wyatt

It’s fine.

I think it’s fine

Gonna be honest: it will be a bit of a tongue twister for some. If you’re okay with that, then go for it.

Other similar suggestions:

[name_m]Dominic[/name_m] (I think this pairs well with the last name)
[name_u]Devin[/name_u]
[name_m]Donovan[/name_m]
[name_m]Derrick[/name_m] *this one too!
[name_m]Dover[/name_m]
[name_m]Dante[/name_m]

Hopefully these help :slight_smile:

[name_m]Deacon[/name_m]?