Is this name too much?

So, our last name is Hennebury, and my wife and I just found out we are going to have a boy. We both like the name Henry… is Henry Hennebury too much? (Last name pronounced Hen-ah-bury, not berry).

Thanks!

I like the name, and although it’s a little odd with the last name, I think it will be fine.

I may look for something else. Maybe you would like:
Michael
Charlie
Timothy
Thomas
William
Wyatt
Reuben
Leo
Benjamin
Logan
Finnley
Hudson
George
Frederick

I love Henry but I don’t think it works

Harry
Harrison
Harris
Arthur
Charlie
Hudson
Cory

This is tricky, and I feel your pain because one of my favorite names has a very similar level of overlap with my last name. To me, Henry Hennebury isn’t ideal, but–if you just decide to lean into it, I actually think it could work. It lends something a little unique to classic Henry! And Henry’s classic-ness plus Hennebury’s non-wordiness help it sound less cartoon-character-y to me than some names with a similar amount of repetition. I’m not sure this is the route I would go, but if it’s truly your favorite, I do think it’s doable. If not, Henry also reminds me of:

Oliver
Leo
Charles/Charlie
Thomas
Theo
Harris
Luke
Owen
Benjamin/Ben/Benji
Jack
Samuel/Sam

1 Like

I would stay away from Henry. Maybe:
Oscar
Ernest
Max
Daniel
Anthony/Anton
Martin
Edwin

It’s not ideal, but not so bad! I know a Steven Stevens who gets along just fine.

I actually think it works. Harry could be a great alternative!

I like it! It’s got a really fun and memorable sound. Henry is a lovely name too :slight_smile:

Thanks everyone for the feedback - we are definitely open to other names, and it did start as a more joking name, but Henry has grown on us. My wife is open to George, and I like Arthur, Andre, and some others but we’re still open to Henry too… we’ve got some time to decide (October due date). The pressure is high - our first is Sienna Rose and people have said they really like that name so we’re trying to live up to that now!

2 Likes

I love Henry but I do think its too much with your surname, sorry. Would Harry or Harrison be of interest to you?

It’s too much. How about a different H name: Hayes, Hudson, Harris.

For me, it’s a bit too much. I’d keep looking (as lovely as Henry is)

With Sienna (which is fabulous btw), I’d suggest Miles, Jasper, Arthur and Archie

Henry is a beautiful name, but maybe you could add a middle name to separate the two a bit? It would definitely sound less odd with something in the middle