Is this name too popular?

I really like the name [name_u]Declan[/name_u] I just don’t like the increase in popularity, but does it really matter?

I also am not a fan of [name_m]Daxton[/name_m] whatsoever (I AM SO SORRY to [name_m]Daxton[/name_m] fans out there, just not my style)

1 Like

I always want to say it as DeClan… And yes, I think it’s getting very popular :upside_down_face:

1 Like

urghh i discovered this name in 2012… i guess maybe as a middle :crying_cat_face:

1 Like

HOLD ON A MINUTE-

• We are both named Skyler/Skylar
  • One of my dead MNs is [name_f]Hope[/name_f]
  • We both have one word, lowercase first/middles as our users
  • We both have picrew (at least yours LOOKS like picrew) avatar
  • WE ARE BOTH RAVENCLAWS
  • We both have [name_u]August[/name_u] on our boys’ lists

AND THAT’S JUST FROM A FIRST GLANCE-

What the heck is going on-

1 Like

IT is a picrew avatar!! I also identify with the LG(B)TQ+ community!! also i am a teen berry omg
I have found my nameberry twin.

1 Like

Yassssssssss

1 Like

@skylerros Sky’s do it best :nail_care:

1 Like

xD

1 Like

Idk- I HAVE A NEW NAMEBERRY FRIEND-

@ethelmary @liv_clare @kidpix21 The forth edition to my online friend list has arrived UwU

3 Likes

YESSSS :hearts: :hearts:

1 Like

Hmm… Popularity is totally subjective, so I think it really comes down to if you’d feel comfortable with the possibility of your son being in a class with another [name_u]Declan[/name_u]. [name_u]Declan[/name_u] is definitely on the rise, but I don’t see it being the next [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Noah[/name_u].

Personally, the popularity of [name_u]Declan[/name_u] wouldn’t put me off! :white_heart:

1 Like

I personally don’t know any Declan’s !

1 Like

I know one [name_u]Declan[/name_u].

I don’t think popularity in society should be a major concern. You could go for a name that isn’t popular in the area you currently reside in only to move or have LO go off to university to find out he is not the only one with his name. [name_m]Even[/name_m] if he is one of a few in his school (or class) growing up or he is the only one with his name, he will only be in that school with his peers for so long. When he makes it out into the working world, he will be alongside people who have been given their names over the course of several decades. He may be the only one with his name now at his age, but when he joins those multi-generational people in the working world there could be a slew of people with the same name who were named when it was popular during previous generations.

1 Like

I don’t think [name_u]Declan[/name_u] is uber popular. I guess you could always go for Deckard or [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] for an alternative.

1 Like

@eileithyia thank you! possibly thinking of it as a middle now if it grows heavily over the next couple of years.

@Ehrob1 @katkabet have met two :grinning:

@shells15 i really like your way of thinking !! and thank you <3

@katkabet You are right! Popularity should not be a set back

@18_25 I love [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As well, I will be checking to see how many people with the name in the regional popularity charts! thanks for the help <3

2 Likes

Congrats

1 Like

I’ve never actually met a [name_u]Declan[/name_u]. I don’t think it’s too popular

1 Like

I only know of one [name_u]Declan[/name_u] and he must be in his early 20s now. I don’t think it’s a popular name at all.

1 Like

i don’t find it too popular at all

i know 2, both very different ages, and i’m in scotland (and i believe it’s more popular here)

1 Like

I have a [name_m]Deacon[/name_m] and after naming him have met 3 other Deacon’s.

1 Like