Is this too dated?

[name]Rhoda[/name]? I have recently fallen madly in love with the name [name]Rhoda[/name]! Is it too dated or stuck in the 70’s It has been out of the top 1000 for quite a while so I think it could be ready to come back. WDYT? Could it work in a sibset in my signature?

[name]Rhoda[/name]. Hmm. It does feel really dated to me, sorry. I can’t really imagine [name]Clara[/name] and [name]Rhoda[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Rhoda[/name] as sisters. I think [name]Ruby[/name] would fit in a lot better, but [name]Rhoda[/name] and [name]Ruby[/name] don’t feel the same at all, lol, complete opposites. [name]Ruby[/name] seems to fit in better with your other favorites, while [name]Rhoda[/name] is clunky and dated to me. It doesn’t really even sound pretty, to me, sorry.

I don’t think so. Most people over 40 will associate it with [name]Rhoda[/name] from The [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name] Show, but the younger generations probably won’t.

Another alternative is [name]Rhonda[/name], if you’re on the fence about [name]Rhoda[/name].

I have no feelings on it either way.

The younger generations won’t associate it with [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name], but they will think it’s very dated. (Speaking as someone from a younger generation. ;)). It just makes me think of an second wave feminist grandmother, unfortunately.

It makes me think of a childhood song " go tell aunt [name]Rhoda[/name]". Personally, I don’t find it appealing…

I really like the sibset in your signature, but I don’t like [name]Rhoda[/name]. It just sounds unappealing.

dated for sure.

I’ve never considered [name]Rhoda[/name] before. But after seeing your post, I can see the appeal. It’s very pretty. The -oda makes it feminine. Doesn’t seem dated to me.

I’m fond of [name]Rhoda[/name] (it’s on my long list, nn’d [name]Rosie[/name]) It fits very well with [name]Stella[/name], imo. I don’t find it at all dated (but then I’m only in my early twenties and have never seen [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name]).

sorry, but I think it is terrible.

I’m in my 20s and I immediately think [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name]. Today we have TVLand and DVDs so younger people do know about older shows

I’m neutral on [name]Rhoda[/name], not great but not terrible either. [name]Rhodes[/name] is cute for a boy

I have a lot of love for [name]Rhoda[/name], [name]Rhonda[/name], [name]Rita[/name], [name]Wanda[/name], [name]Linda[/name]…I think all of these ‘dated’ names or ‘mom names’ are really starting to feel fresher than the [name]Ella[/name] / [name]Addy[/name] / [name]Bella[/name] names. [name]Rhoda[/name] is strong, short, sweet, sassy and has cute nn Rho. I think it’s adorable and it would really turn heads now and probably get some flack…but my guess is that in 10 years [name]Charlotte[/name] will sound uptight and dated and [name]Rhoda[/name] won’t seem so strange.
[name]Nancy[/name], [name]Annette[/name], [name]Anita[/name], [name]Joan[/name], [name]Jean[/name] & [name]Sheila[/name] all sound really fresh to me too

I don’t really like it… I think of the little girl who murdered people in the book and movie, The Bad Seed, and the song lyrics “go tell Aunt [name]Rhody[/name].” That’s not why I don’t like it, though… it just doesn’t have an appealing sound for me. i guess I never watched the [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name] show.

It’s [name]Rhonda[/name] that is dated to the 60s/70s - it was a top 100 name then. I’m not sure when [name]Rhoda[/name] was last popular.

I’d have to agree, it does sound dated

Doesn’t seem that dated to me. I never really watched the [name]Mary[/name] [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Moore[/name] Show, so the association doesn’t stick with me. Overall, I think [name]Rhoda[/name] is okay, but it has a nice wiry/sassy feel to it.

I could never use the name. It doesn’t sound feminine to me.

I definitely associate it with “go tell aunt rhoda, go tell aunt rhoda, go tell aunt rhoda the old gray goose is dead.”
I don’t love the sound of it either. Then again, I’ve never met a [name]Rhoda[/name] [name]IRL[/name]. Maybe yours would make it real and cute.

I actually think she could fit in quite well with your other choices. I am not a fan of [name]Rhoda[/name] personally, but I also think it would be really cool and refreshing to meet a baby [name]Rhoda[/name]. You might also like Rhodope or Rhodanthe and you can call her [name]Rhoda[/name] for short.

It’s not my style but I can see it being used. Not a come back but I think thts kind of part of its appeal.