Is this usable?

I’m crushing hard on [name_m]Remus[/name_m] right now. Does this work? Can you imagine it on a real boy?

I would have to do more research before I could answer if I felt [name_m]Remus[/name_m] is usable. What I can say is that at least he is not the murderer. That is a positive toward it being more usable.

Yes agreed, [name_m]Romulus[/name_m] is definitely not usable. On the fence with [name_m]Remus[/name_m] still. Trying to read up on the story.

My first thought is [name_m]Remus[/name_m] Lupin from [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m]

I obviously think so, considering I have it on my list of potential names for a boy :).

I absolutely loved it after reading [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] but it’s slipped down my list since then, I still really like it though. I think it’s usable, and a lot of the reason I think so is because I can imagine a little [name_m]Remus[/name_m].

I really like [name_m]Remus[/name_m], and I think it’s usable. I do think it invites [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] comments, but perhaps that will be less of an issue in the future. The character is mainly known as Lupin anyway, especially in the films.

I find it usable!
Obviously if you dont mind the harry potter association though
A nickname you like could help

I think it’s usuable.

I think its usable, it reminds me a lot of [name_u]Remy[/name_u].

Definitely useable and very cute :slight_smile:

I think it’s usable, and quite appealing. Similar to [name_m]Rufus[/name_m] which I love.

I think it is usable, there is HP connection yes but it is also a historical name. It is a handsome name, uncommon but has a classic feel. If you love the character too - I sadly don’t - you can use [name_m]Remus[/name_m].

I had no idea of the [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] connection but I’d be wary of [name_m]Remus[/name_m] (with the [name_f]REE[/name_f]-mus pronunciation) because of the sexual slang term “ream”.

I wonder if [name_m]Remus[/name_m] nn [name_u]Remy[/name_u] would work!? That’s pretty adorable.

Thanks everyone! I am glad to see some positive reviews.

Me neither. I immediately thought of [name_m]Romulus[/name_m] and [name_m]Remus[/name_m]. I liked [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] but never got into it. I’ll have to go look up this HP character. Never heard of the slang word either.

This new information makes me less unsure about how usable it is. Well, the slang word is a big negative.

The [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] character is wonderful, and I find it’s one of the less obvious [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] names. That doesn’t bother me.

That’s good.

I think my own personal concern would be the slang word now. But you never know what words or names could become a slang word in the future or anyone could move to a different part of the world and run into an issue. I would have to look into this slang term and research how familiar it is.

My first thought was the Disney character Uncle [name_m]Remus[/name_m] and the problematic racial stuff that has made Disney try to pretend Song of the South didn’t happen. Maybe not the most common reaction you’d encounter but maybe troubling enough to take into consideration.

Thanks for this, I’ll have to research. No idea who that is…