Is this useable?

Recently I have been loving the name [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] and the nicknames [name_m]Fred[/name_m] and [name_u]Freddie[/name_u]. It has a great association for our family and DH is on board too. The problem is I’m afraid that it may not work that well in the real world. Lots of comments on the name are negative associations and I don’t want that for my son. Also, [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_m]Fred[/name_m] don’t look/sound great together in my opinion. What would you think if you heard the name [name_m]Fred[/name_m] on someone? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it goes well with [name_u]Jean[/name_u]? Our backup options are [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m], would those work better in the real world?

I think it would work great! I do like [name_m]Charles[/name_m] nn [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] a bit more (or even [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] as his full name).

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_u]Jean[/name_u] sounds fine together.

I think [name_m]Fred[/name_m] from [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Potter[/name_m] gave it a playfulness and youthfulness to make it usable today. [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] makes me think of [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] Kruger.

There are tons of little Freddies in the UK, I went to school with some and I know little ones. Sometimes they’ll be called [name_m]Fred[/name_m]. I think it works totally fine.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to clarify, [name_u]Jean[/name_u] is the sister’s name

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m] is a very popular, well-known name. I don’t see the problem with it at all. also [name_m]Fred[/name_m] and [name_u]Jean[/name_u] are very cute together.

I love [name_m]Fred[/name_m] and [name_u]Jean[/name_u] together! And [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] seems like a well-known classic, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be usable. I actually like it more than [name_m]Peter[/name_m] and [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

I love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m], I think it’s perfectly usable!
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] is so adorable and sweet, but I think [name_m]Fred[/name_m] is handsome too.
I also think [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] sound like super cute siblings!

[name_m]Charles[/name_m] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u]) would be my second choice, but I definitely love [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] much more.

(Also - I know [name_m]Frederick[/name_m]/[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] is popular in the UK, but I’m from new york and I’ve never met any Fredericks!)

I love [name_m]Fredrick[/name_m] with the nickname [name_m]Fred[/name_m]! That’s super cute, and it works well for a baby and for an adult. I don’t like [name_u]Freddie[/name_u], I think of [name_u]Freddy[/name_u] Krueger. But I don’t think there is anything wrong at all with [name_m]Fredrick[/name_m] or [name_m]Fred[/name_m]!

[name_m]Fredrick[/name_m] & [name_u]Jean[/name_u] go great together as well. Best of luck!

I love [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_m]Fred[/name_m]! Go for it! [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m] is nice.

I could not possibly love [name_u]Freddie[/name_u] and [name_u]Jean[/name_u] more.

I adore [name_u]Jean[/name_u] and [name_m]Fred[/name_m]! Go for it :smiley: