Is Titus usable?

Hubby likes [name_m]Titus[/name_m] - but I’m concerned it’s not usable.
[name_m]Will[/name_m] his nickname be Tit? tight?
Yikes!
I kinda think it’s badass. - thoughts?

I personally wouldn’t use it, but that’s with the majority of boys’ names - I don’t like many. I think this is a typical case of it depending on the child - it’ll either be very badass and cool, I’d agree with that, or it can turn into a potential reason for bullying of an already vulnerable child. Time will tell.

By the way: your girl picks in your sig - flawless!

Yeah I have known a boy with this name who is 15, everyone thinks his name is awesome. He was visiting from Germany and he pronounced it teetus but all the English people called him [name_m]Titus[/name_m]

I think it’s a little try-hard and a lot of name to live up to, but if you like it it’s not unusable. It reminds me of the character in the Gormenghast books, who is pretty awesome it has to be said.

I think it’s usable. I can’t see nicknames being an issue since it’s only five letters long and two syllables.

I think it’s fine.

I would emphatically say No, this name is not usable. I’m not a fan of any of the roman or Greek ancient names so perhaps that’s my bias here. They just seem like too much name for kid to live up too. But beyond that I think it sounds like tight ass ans that’s all I can hear in this name.

I don’t like to use the argument that kids will make fun of the name to justify reasons not to use A name. But I really feel like I can make an exception on this one. [name_m]Titus[/name_m] is just handing it to them.

I actually like it! I think it’s short enough to not need a nickname anyway.

[name_m]Titus[/name_m] is completely usable. It’s just outside the top 300 in the US. I don’t think [name_m]Titus[/name_m] needs a nickname, but you could call him [name_m]Ty[/name_m] if you must.

I find it usable, and I like it.

Yes, I know of one :).

I think it’s usable. I think it is a strong and very masculine name.

[name_m]Titus[/name_m] was #315 in 2013. That’s popular enough that people should be familiar with it, but not popular enough that there will be another [name_m]Titus[/name_m] in your son’s school.

I like it! You could call him [name_m]Ty[/name_m] as in “Tie”

Oh, how did I never say tight ass out loud? :-?

[name_m]Titus[/name_m] is a great name. It’s strong and definitely has a lot of history yet it’s not overly macho like [name_m]Thor[/name_m] or exceedingly hard to embody like…[name_m]Zeus[/name_m].
I think your husband has selected a decent name and I agree that it is short enough to not need a nn and if so, [name_m]Ty[/name_m] is a logical and reasonable one to use.

I think it is usable, but for me personally, I find it slightly awkward to say when pluralised, ‘Can you get [name_m]Titus[/name_m]’ (or is it [name_m]Titus[/name_m]‘s / Tituses) shoes’, although that could be said for other names like [name_m]Silas[/name_m] and similar, but that’s just me.

What she said.

I wouldn’t use it myself, even if it was usable for me it doesn’t have many nn’s like you said. If I was you I would use it as a mn.

There’s a [name_m]Titus[/name_m] a grade younger than me. He goes by [name_m]Titus[/name_m]. I’m not fond of his name, although it’s usable. If you are set on a nickname, consider [name_m]Ty[/name_m]/Tie/[name_m]Ti[/name_m]