Is "Trent" outdated?

My husband likes the name and I’m still on the fence about it.
I want to use it because he has his heart SO set on it.
Why don’t I hear the name much?? Is is a terrible name??
And what names go well with it??

I like [name]Corbin[/name], [name]Grayson[/name], [name]Houston[/name], you know?? Names that sound strong.

Any suggestions???

[name]Trent[/name] by itself feels a little dated to me but not as a nn for [name]Trenton[/name] I don’t know, maybe I’m just weird

[name]Trent[/name] feels very 1990’s ‘hick’ to me, sorry :? everyone has different associations with names.

I think its on the fence.

I don’t get “hick” at all. When you say hick, yellow, what do you mean? Like…hillbilly? Hick to me is more like…[name]Billy[/name] [name]Bob[/name], [name]Cletus[/name], [name]Bobby[/name] [name]Jo[/name], [name]Enos[/name], [name]Ricky[/name], [name]Wilbur[/name], etc.

I think [name]Trent[/name] is ok. It does have a little '‘90’s soap opera’ tinge, but I think it would be cute on an actual little boy.

I think it sounds just a little dated. It’s not awful, but it doesn’t do much for me I’m afraid. Your other picks made me think of [name]Jameson[/name], which I’ve always liked. I’m not a fan of [name]Corbin[/name] or [name]Houston[/name], personally. [name]Grayson[/name] is okay though. [name]How[/name] about [name]Harrison[/name]? [name]Wilson[/name]? [name]Reid[/name]?

I think [name]Trent[/name] is dated, but not a bad name. I wish there were a way to extend it. Someone suggested [name]Trenton[/name]. If you just go on sound, I like it. But the association with [name]Trenton[/name], New [name]Jersey[/name] is not so good. It’s a toss up for me. I like it better than [name]Trent[/name].

I like [name]Corbin[/name] and [name]Houston[/name], but as I am not your partner, that may be cold comfort. My suggestion would be keep going until you find something you both like. It is worth the search for both of you to be equally happy. Maybe you could start by telling him [name]Trent[/name] is not enough of a list. Ask him to try to find five names he likes as well as [name]Trent[/name]. Also ask him why he likes [name]Trent[/name]. That would give you a base from which to expand and explore until you find some mutual ground.

[name]Just[/name] did some checking for you in *Beyond [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Aiden[/name]," and both [name]Trent[/name] and [name]Houston[/name] show up on long list (3 pages) 140-142 of “Powerboy Names.” Maybe you look over the list together to find one that both of you love.

I don’t mean stereotypical 1950’s hick, I mean real-world hick. I grew up in a town that had a lot of both ‘country folk’ and University types, and a strong division between the two… and that’s a name I heard a lot amongst the ‘country folk’ growing up. [name]Hence[/name] that association, for me.