Is using a pseudonym/fake name on Nameberry frowned upon?

I use a fake name (Jane), since I really really don’t want to share my real name since it is really easy to find out a lot about me from my name, and using [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is easier than referring to myself as ‘autumnleaf02’. Is this frowned upon/considered bad? If it is should I just use my @ as my name?

4 Likes

No, it’s not frowned upon at all! You should go by a name you’re comfortable with sharing online, it doesn’t have to be your legal name. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

No, not at all. Many users go by pseudonyms! [name_u]Laurence[/name_u] isn’t my real name, for example :grin:

8 Likes

Yes, going by a pseudonym is fine if you’re more comfortable with that.

2 Likes

Nope! More than half of us go by pseudonyms. Including me.

3 Likes

I use my nickname on here. I won’t put my legal name. Many others go by a pseudonym. It’s about comfort and, for many, safety.

I only use my nickname because it is so common. Otherwise I would go by a pseudonym also.

2 Likes

Like very one else has said, yes, it’s completely fine! Many of us do :slight_smile:

I also wanted to add for you to feel free to change it at any point! You don’t have to pick one and stick with it. I’ve gone by a few different pseudonyms on here, personally.

3 Likes

I went exclusively by [name_f]Wanda[/name_f] on here for years before mentioning my real firstname. Many assumed it was my real name, but I don’t think anyone considered it faking or rude.

2 Likes