Is Verity too close to Avery?

I have a daughter named [name]Avery[/name]. I love the name [name]Verity[/name] for a possible future girl sib name, but is it too similar in sound?

For me, it’s not that they’re too close in sound, but that they’re too far apart in style. [name]Avery[/name] is a pretty name, but definitely unisex; [name]Verity[/name], on the other hand, is primly feminine and Puritanical. I think you want something that’s a bit closer to [name]Avery[/name] in style, with [name]Verity[/name] as a middle.

Too much of the “V” sound for me, sorry :frowning:

If you look up [name]Avery[/name] in the “check out a name” box to the left, you can scroll down below it and find two really great hot lists that have similar names. One is “[name]Truly[/name] Unisex Names” and the other is “English Names”. I really like the “[name]Truly[/name] Unisex Names” list for finding names like [name]Avery[/name]. Also there are some helpful User Lists by posters.
I like [name]Addison[/name], [name]Brooklyn[/name], [name]Cameron[/name], [name]Devon[/name], [name]Reese[/name], and [name]Peyton[/name]. [name]Peyton[/name] is spelled [name]Payton[/name] on the list but I prefer [name]Peyton[/name]. There are a bunch more.

Unfortunately, the other true unisex names out there I just don’t like. And I’m not too fond of the “new” unisex names either. So, I’m worried I got myself into a pickle by choosing [name]Avery[/name]. I truly just loved the name. Now I’m wondering if there are some spunky girl names out there since the unisex sibling isn’t cutting it for me. What do you all think? Does the sib set HAVE to be a unisex name?

I have considered [name]Amari[/name] since it is a unisex name, but I wonder if it’s too exotic to go with [name]Avery[/name]?

What about [name]Evan[/name], [name]Dylan[/name], [name]Eliot[/name], or [name]Devin[/name]? If you really can’t find another unisex name that you like maybe you could try female names that don’t sound very feminine such as [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Bryn[/name], [name]Neve[/name], [name]Wren[/name], [name]Clover[/name], [name]Easton[/name], or [name]Auden[/name].

[name]Evan[/name] and [name]Dylan[/name] seem like boys names to me. [name]Aren[/name]'t they boys names? I know that a lot of boys names are moving to the girl’s side, but, I’m just not liking them.

Let me post a list of possible maybes. Are there any here that fit?

[name]Marlo[/name]
[name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Saige[/name]
[name]Paige[/name]
[name]Quincy[/name]
[name]Rowen[/name]/[name]Rowan[/name]

But I’m still not sold on any of them at all. I know you ladies can help me! :slight_smile: This has just been driving me crazy for too long. We haven’t even started trying for another yet (got a few months before the hubby says it’s a “go”), but I’m starting to lose sleep over finding a name. LOL

Out of your list, [name]Rowan[/name] is my favorite, absolutely adorable! Here are some other unisex names:

[name]Delaney[/name]
[name]Finley[/name]
[name]Harley[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Tierney[/name]
[name]Keagan[/name]/[name]Keegan[/name]
[name]Teagan[/name]
[name]Remington[/name]
[name]Kennedy[/name]
[name]Ashton[/name]
[name]Aspen[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]
[name]Emerson[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Sloane[/name]
[name]Riley[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] it helps!

I like your list (though I know you aren’t sure on any of them). [name]Hope[/name] some of these will be helpful!! [name]Avery[/name] is great so I’m sure you’ll find another cute one :slight_smile:

[name]Marlo[/name] - Doesn’t this sound like an old movie star? I wonder if you would like [name]Marley[/name] or [name]Morgan[/name], they have some of the same sounds.
[name]Harlow[/name] - Another glamorous movie star name. I think this name is uber cool.
[name]Saige[/name] - The isn’t one of my faves, but when I think of [name]Saige[/name]/[name]Sage[/name] I think of [name]Sienna[/name].
[name]Paige[/name] - I think [name]Paige[/name] is spiffy and friendly sounding! [name]Avery[/name] and [name]Paige[/name] are cute togeather.
[name]Quincy[/name] - Too boy for me, what about just [name]Quinn[/name]?
[name]Rowen[/name]/[name]Rowan[/name] - This might work . . . .

Some of these might be repeats, but they kind of seemed along the same line as some of the ones you picked out!
[name]Britt[/name]
[name]Brett[/name]
[name]Harper[/name]
[name]Scout[/name]
[name]Carson[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Arden[/name]
[name]Nola[/name]
[name]Delta[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Blair[/name]
[name]Greer[/name]
[name]Bailey[/name]
[name]Elliott[/name]
[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Brynn[/name]
[name]Devan[/name]
[name]Alex[/name]

I really like [name]Harlow[/name] and [name]Piper[/name] (both girly but not overly so). I also think that [name]Delaney[/name], [name]Payton[/name], [name]Kendall[/name], [name]Eliot[/name], [name]Tenley[/name], [name]Holland[/name], [name]Colby[/name], [name]Greer[/name] and [name]Shiloh[/name].

Thanks for your help, everyone. I think I’ve found a few that I like. At least we have more options now. My number one choice is [name]Paige[/name] and I’ll probably do some more looking around for names that are similar (girl names, not too girly) instead of unisex names. But we’ll see! I’m sure you’ll hear from me again. :slight_smile: