Is Wendy usable?

I really like it, but would feel judged for using it.

Perfectly usable. I’ve worked with a few different women named [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] / [name_f]Wendi[/name_f] over the years. Nobody has judged them based on their name.

2 Likes

I don’t know why it wouldn’t be usable… I think it is quite charming, actually! I really like the Peter Pan connection!

7 Likes

I think it’s totally usable! I know a real-life [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] and utterly adore her name.

2 Likes

It’s a nice, cheery name. If people are going to judge you for that, there is something wrong (as in not with you, but them).

6 Likes

It’s the perfect name for a mid century revival.

3 Likes

Totally usable! [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] on a little girl would be darling :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

It’s my nan’s name :slight_smile: i do think it could work! Unless you’re bothered by the link to the restaurant chain (if that’s an issue where you are)

1 Like

[name_f]Wendy[/name_f] is a guilty pleasure name if mine. I just love how magical it sounds. The [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Pan[/name_m] reference is also good. I know a lady (about 60 years old) named [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] and for that reason (and I’m sure most people would agree) the name feels quite dated.

As much as I love it I don’t think I would ever use the name [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] on a daughter. I would definitely use it as a middle name though. That’s not to say I don’t think it’s usable, I just prefer names that people aren’t going to think are strange.

All in all I think you can definitely use it. People might judge but it isn’t such a dated name that everyone is going to (it’s not like [name_f]Mildred[/name_f] or Agnes). So many names that would have been considered dated 5 years ago are now commonplace.

No one questions a [name_f]Winnifred[/name_f], [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] or [name_f]Harriet[/name_f] anymore which just shows how quickly name popularity can change.

1 Like

Oh I love [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] such a charming magical name

2 Likes

I love [name_f]Wendy[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Wendy[/name_f] is totally useable! I actually really like it as a nickname for [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f] as well!

3 Likes

Ya, my only reason for worrying is the restaurant. I just didn’t say that to see how much people thought of that:) I hadn’t seen this name suggested much on other threads either so I started to wonder.

1 Like

It is definitely useable!

[name_m]Just[/name_m] make sure you feel comfortable and happy using the name.

[name_f]My[/name_f] ten year old niece is [name_f]Wendy[/name_f]! She was named to honor a fifty-something [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] and none of us knows any other Wendys her age but she wears it well and the restaurant thing has never come up.

2 Likes

Yes, usable, the fast food restaurant is no big deal in my opinion.

1 Like

i think it’s a gorgeous name! and someday you could show her peter pan and tell her she was named after wendy :heartpulse:

1 Like

I didn’t even think of the restaurant until i read the comments. I think it’s very sweet.
Maybe it could be a nn for [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] if you want something to fall back on?

2 Likes

I really like @whatchamacallit suggestion of [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] just in case.
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f] is really charming, obviously because of [name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_m]Pan[/name_m]. When I think of [name_f]Wendy[/name_f] I think of that little white nightgown, and magical, whistful vibes.

2 Likes