Is your own name in the new US top 1000?

See the results of this poll: Is your name in the new top 1000, 2016?

Respondents: 73 (This poll is closed)

• Yes, top 5 : 1 (1%)
  • Yes, top 10 : 4 (5%)
  • Yes, top 100 : 10 (14%)
  • Yes, top 200 : 7 (10%)
  • Yes, top 300 : 5 (7%)
  • Yes, top 1000 : 19 (26%)
  • No, not any more : 7 (10%)
  • No: 20 (27%)

Not since 1983 :smiley:

[name_f]Erin[/name_f] is #355, but the spelling I have ([name_f]Eryn[/name_f]) isn’t.

I did notice that there were more baby [name_f]Amity[/name_f] s in 2016 than any year since 1981 though :slight_smile:

[name_u]Andrea[/name_u] is #128. Down from #117 in 2015.

Last time a variation of my name, [name_f]Jamila[/name_f], ranked was in 1995 at #981, before I was born. The highest it has ranked is #468 in 1977. My middle name ranked #707 this year.

Yes, and it’s trending up! My name, [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], was most popular before I was born. It started trending down slightly a few years before I came along, then looked like it would fall out of the top 1000 by the mid-late 2000s, but it seems to be experiencing a revival. I suspect that [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] Kercher (the victim in the [name_f]Amanda[/name_f] [name_m]Knox[/name_m] case) may have contributed to the decline, as she died right before there was a sharp decline in popularity, and [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] Duggar (granddaughter of the 19 Kids & Counting people, born 2015) may have contributed to its reversal. But it’s hard to know exactly with broad trends like that.

My name dropped off the list this year. I’m not surprised because it had been steadily declining for the last 40 years.

No, and i dont think it will ever be.

[name_u]Clare[/name_u] is up 8 places to 719 but the [name_f]Claire[/name_f] spelling is much higher.

[name_f]Abigael[/name_f] isn’t but [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] remains in the top 10 :confused: . I get so sick of hearing people with my name. There’s too many!

Nope, not at all. Nameberry doesn’t even have a name page for my name, it’s so unusual/obscure. I can’t picture it ever making the top 1000 list

Mine has Never been in the top 1000! Rosamel is just mine. :slight_smile:

I accidentally went with “not anymore”, but actually no, it was never in the list
My favorite short form was, though. Last time in 1935

[name_u]Whitney[/name_u] is still holding strong at #759, lmao. It dropped 171 spots this year and 727 spots since I was born. It’s in the same part of the line up as [name_f]Khaleesi[/name_f] and [name_f]Belen[/name_f]. Cheers to the 373 babies named [name_u]Whitney[/name_u] this year, may your dated name serve you well!

[name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]! I’ve been swooning over her name since [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy first aired. A lot of people now having babies were teens when the show started :slight_smile:

Sadly [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] hasn’t been in the top 1000 since 2008 (where it was #722). It was ranked pretty high on the list in 1991 (when I was born) and 1992 (#132). I guess politics has affected it negatively over time :(.

Mine has never been in the U.S. Top 1000.

[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u] is #353, I think, but my spelling is not in the top 1000.

Mine is too Irish to hit the top 1000 over here, but I guess who knows if [name_f]Saoirse[/name_f] made it this year, and the anglicization ([name_f]Bridget[/name_f]) is at 594 and falling, so I don’t see [name_f]Brighid[/name_f] popping up anytime soon.