Is your own name in the new US top 1000?

[name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is in the Top 200.

It has never NOT been in the Top 200, since 1880, which is the earliest name data is available for.

It did appear to be heading out the Top 200 just a few years ago, but seems to have had a mini revival during the last three years, for which I have no explanation!

Yep, and it’s steadily on the rise. It’s almost in the top 50, though I’ve never actually met a child with my name.

[name_f]Kristin[/name_f] dropped off the top 1000 after 2008, and [name_f]Kristen[/name_f] was #892 last year but is off as well now. It bothered me that [name_f]Kristen[/name_f] was more popular - that’s the male spelling in the original Norwegian!

[name_u]Hillary[/name_u] is a fabulous name, and I have friends who named their daughter [name_u]Hilary[/name_u] last year. I read an article that said statistically, Hillary is the most “poisoned” baby name in US history. Poor [name_u]Hillary[/name_u] - if the world was just, it would be at the top!

Yes, I’m proud of [name_f]Esther[/name_f]'s jump from #203 to #183!

Yes, [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] is #134- the lowest it’s been since the 70s. Though strangely, I’ve never known another [name_f]Lauren[/name_f] personally and haven’t met that many either. I’ve known/met a lot of Lauras though, and it’s always ranked lower. (I’m not in the US though, maybe that makes a difference.)

Mine name’s plummeting in popularity LOL, it was still in the top 100 back in 2007, but now it’s down to #324.

Mine isn’t! Yet [name_f]Bethia[/name_f]'s much more common in the US than in the UK. For the record I’m surprised at how many people have a name only in the top 1000 or not at all - maybe an interest in naming is more particularly sparked when you have an uncommon name yourself? Purely hypothetical, but interesting to ponder!

Of course! [name_m]How[/name_m] could I have forgotten? I was actually recently asked if I was named after [name_u]Meredith[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u], but I’m almost 15 years older than the show lol :smiley:

Yep! Mine’s at #89. It dropped a little (#76 in 2015), but [name_u]Taylor[/name_u]'s still in the top 100.