Is Yuno too Japanese sounding?

Hello, I adore Yuno and see it as another way to spell Juno, but I looked it up on behind the name and it’s listed as Japanese, so I am not sure if I should use it. Some thoughts on this would really help!

Yuno is how [name_f]Juno[/name_f] get’s pronounced where I live and I view it as a diffrent spelling of that name too. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought wasn’t that it’s japanese.

(On german name sites I find it as a version of [name_f]Juno[/name_f] but not on english ones so maybe it’s not as clear as I thought it is)

1 Like

Why would it matter if its Japanese?

I am not Japanese and I don’t want to culturally appropriate

1 Like

No, that’s instinctively how I pronounce [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. [name_f]Yuna[/name_f], however, seems Japanese to me.

2 Likes

I know two little girls named Yuno, where I live it’s considered an alternative spelling of [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. I don’t think it would be a problem to use it.

1 Like

If you’re worried about that I would read up on if japanese people even view it as cultural appropriation. It’s often discussed on here from an american view point but not all cultures have the same stance on that. I know that foreigners immigrating to japan need to take on a japanese name or japanize their name so I don’t believe they’re that against others using japanese names.

2 Likes

you know, it’s not too bad :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
(I think Yuno might get jokes like this)

1 Like