Is Zelda too close to Stella?

My husband’s sister has a little girl named [name_f]Stella[/name_f]. (About 18 months)
I hadn’t thought of this previously, but [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] sounds a lot alike. (Especially if we called her [name_f]Zella[/name_f] sometimes).
We do see [name_f]Stella[/name_f] often, and if we had a baby girl, we hope they would be best friends.
So is [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] and [name_f]Stella[/name_f] too close for cousins?

1 Like

I don’t think so! I think they would be a little too close for siblings, but as cousins, I think the similarity would be fine and even cute. I say to ask your sister-in-law: as long as she doesn’t see a problem with it, I don’t think one can be made!

6 Likes

Definitely fine for cousins. I think [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is fab :black_heart:

2 Likes

They’re definitely fine for cousins!

1 Like

Nope, it’s great for cousins!

1 Like

It’s fine for cousins! [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is great!

2 Likes

For cousins, no. For sisters, yes. They’ll more than likely think it’s cool their names are similar!

1 Like

Not at all! [name_f]My[/name_f] cousin C0ra has a cousin named N0ra and it’s never caused them any trouble.

2 Likes

Definitely not too close for cousins!

1 Like

Definitely not too close for cousins! I have cousins named Tr!sta and Kr!sta (also cousins), and it’s never been an issue.
I agree with a pp, your niece and daughter may find it cool their names are a little similar!

Zelda is such a beautiful name, by the way!!

1 Like

I think it’s fine. They have quite different feels even if they share the ell sound

1 Like

I think [name_f]Zelda[/name_f] is fine but if you use [name_f]Zella[/name_f]
a lot that would be a problem (for me).

1 Like

I agree! I don’t think the names themselves are too close but the nn [name_f]Zella[/name_f] might be frustrating for the child and other parents.

2 Likes

I think it’s totally fine.

1 Like

Agreed, great choice!

1 Like

Besides ending in a I feel like they’re pretty different

1 Like

I don’t think they’re too close for cousins. Me plus most of my cousins have similar sounding names (3 syllables, same stresses) plus one of them has the male equivalent of my own name, and it’s fine. No problems caused except our grandma mixing us up sometimes haha.

Also [name_f]Zelda[/name_f]’s fantastic!

2 Likes

For siblings I think they’re a bit close, but for cousins I think they sound fine!:blush:

1 Like

I think they are fine for cousins !

1 Like

Great for cousins! I agree that they might enjoy it If they do notice any similarity.

1 Like