Is Zetta really so bad?

On this website is not recommended but it sound nice and modern to me. My due date is tomorrow and I’m considering [name]Zetta[/name] [name]Lou[/name] for a girl. Her big sister’s name is [name]Quincy[/name] [name]Jean[/name]. Having a hard time with names, might be all the hormones.

I think [name]Zetta[/name] is cute! Interesting, unique, and easy to pronounce!

I think [name]Zetta[/name] [name]Lou[/name] is lovely!

I think [name]Quincy[/name] [name]Jean[/name] is really cute, and agree with the others that [name]Zetta[/name] [name]Lou[/name] is pretty cool. Because [name]Zetta[/name] reminds me of [name]Zelda[/name], [name]Etta[/name], and [name]Rosetta[/name], I guess I think of it as an old-fashioned-yet-fresh, jazzy name (not that I made any sense there…). :slight_smile:

If you’re not sure about [name]Zetta[/name], here are some more names (in the styles of both [name]Quincy[/name] and [name]Zetta[/name]) that you may like:

[name]Avalon[/name]
[name]Aveline[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] (plant name)
[name]Darien[/name]
[name]Darby[/name]
[name]Della[/name]
[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name]
[name]Elodie[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Ione[/name]
[name]Maude[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
[name]Nell[/name]
[name]Opal[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Romilly[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Toby[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Viola[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Willow[/name]

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Zetta[/name] [name]Lou[/name] is adorable! I’ve never heard it before, really cool!

I took a second to look it up. I don’t think it’s close to [name]Yetta[/name] at all! It is off by one letter, but a really different letter! [name]Yetta[/name], as near to Yenta, or, for me, Yeti.

[name]Zetta[/name] is completely miles away. It is more like [name]Etta[/name] with a Z, or [name]Zeta[/name], Greek for [name]Zee[/name]/[name]Zed[/name] (in [name]Canada[/name] and [name]England[/name], other English-speaking countries except the US, not sure). I think it is really a unique and interesting choice. It is a little “weird” but not far out weird, more intriguing to people, easy to pronounce and spell, and authentic, not invented. It is ethnic but not overtly so. It seems reminiscent of [name]Rosetta[/name] or [name]Lisette[/name]. For short names that end in -etta, [name]Zetta[/name] seems the most powerful and complete, compared to [name]Letta[/name] ([name]Letitia[/name], I could see) or [name]Hetta[/name] or [name]Netta[/name]. Those are awkward nicknames, while [name]Zetta[/name] carries itself.

I am not just going to sit here and encourage you to like and follow through with a name that would be awful - it’s really kind of cute! I don’t know why the description likens it to [name]Yetta[/name]. Needs revision, in my opinion.

Thanks for the responses. One day over my due date and still no baby…

Memo to [name]Katie[/name]'s baby: It’s okay to come out now! :slight_smile:

Best wishes, [name]Katie[/name], and please keep us posted!

[name]Zetta[/name] [name]Lou[/name] is very cute!

OK, we’ll definitely rethink it.

I think [name]Zetta[/name] is adorable and hardly outrageous in this day and age. Great choice!

Revised! Your wishes are our commands–at least when we agree.

[name]Glad[/name] I could help! Can’t believe the naming experts agree with me about something. :slight_smile: Feels nice.