Isabel or Isabelle

Which is your favourite spelling? [name]Isabel[/name] or [name]Isabelle[/name]?

I like them both. At first I didnt even know that [name]Isabel[/name] was even a spelling!

There is also [name]Isobel[/name] but personally I dont really like that spelling.

I like the way [name]Isabel[/name] looks, but even though I think its the original(im not positive i just think so)but [name]Isabelle[/name] looks nice too, in my opinion. I know that theres a lot of letters when there doesnt need to be, but they look like they are supposed to be there.

Of course I probably wouldnt use [name]Isabel[/name]/[name]Isabelle[/name] since my name is [name]Isabella[/name], and that would just be weird. I just want to know if thats still usable if I change my name to just [name]Bella[/name] when I get old enough to have a child(some people dont even know that my real name is [name]Isabella[/name] because even on facebook i put bella). [name]Do[/name] you think its usable then? Oh yeah and i just want to say its no reason to get mad about it its just a thought.

I actually really don’t like [name]Isabelle[/name]. It looks superfluous to me. I don’t think I’d ever use it as a name because it really doesn’t appeal to me, even though I actually do really like the spelling [name]Isabel[/name], and it’s the same name lol. I had a friend named [name]Isabel[/name] in elementary and middle school (my first exposure to the name), and that was a long time ago so the name was actually really rare back then. And I do like the [name]Isobel[/name] spelling a lot, but I wouldn’t use it.

And well, a lot of people name their kids after themselves…I don’t think it’s a big deal unless it is to you. Are you planning on legally changing your name to [name]Bella[/name]? Why, you don’t like [name]Isabella[/name] for yourself? I’m not a fan of the name (probably because my kids have had many, many friends named [name]Isabella[/name]/[name]Bella[/name], and I don’t love the sound of it enough) but if you want to use it, go ahead. You seem to change your mind very often about what you want your future daughters to be named (believe me, I did too when I was a young name fan) so I think you’ll be fine when the time actually comes.