Isabel vs Isabelle

See the results of this poll: Which do you think is better

Respondents: 43 (This poll is closed)

• Isabelle Margaret Edwards : 24 (56%)
  • Isabel Margaret Edwards: 19 (44%)

I prefer [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] overall. From those choices, [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] than [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. Try [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], it’s nice too. :slight_smile:

My thoughts exactly

I prefer [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], but with the A spelling, I like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] looks unfinished next to [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] for some reason.

I prefer [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] .

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] without a shadow of doubt. I have never really been a fan of -belle names. To me it always seemed like people were trying too hard to sound [name_m]French[/name_m]. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is a beautiful and international name and to me doesn’t feel at all incomplete.

Lots of people here on nameberry seem to be fans of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], but to me it looks like an unattractive mispelling, even if it’s not.

I also prefer [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] - like the Bjork song :slight_smile:

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f].
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] looks incomplete.

I prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]! To me the other spellings make the name look incomplete.

I’m with @starrynightsparks and @chloe14 - [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] just feels more complete to me. :slight_smile: I also like the frillier-looking [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] next to the more staid and classic [name_f]Margaret[/name_f]. I think they pair off of each other really well!

Besides, [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]‘s my favorite girls’ name, and I just love that spelling–the way it looks and feels. I just have never been able to get into [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (or even [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]!) as much. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback so far it’s 50/50 in preference. Hubby isn’t a fan of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] he reckons it looks like a misspelling. I can’t really decide at this stage love both spellings equally. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is classic, strong and yet feminine. [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is much more feminine and frilly. Personally I like the [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] spelling better, but husband prefers [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. So keep the feedback coming :slight_smile:

I like both spellings, but with Edwards, I prefer [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] Edwards to [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] Edwards.

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]! Our top name too! :slight_smile: it’s just perfect xx

I’ve always preferred [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] to [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] (and all the other kry8iv spellings). You can’t go wrong either way