Isabella?

I know [name]Isabella[/name] is quite popular, but I need to change the little girl that I am adopting’s name. I want it to match [name]Shayla[/name] [name]Toba[/name] [name]Adele[/name], and Averik [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Brian[/name]. [name]Toba[/name] honors a family member, and so does [name]Brian[/name]. The little girl is already [name]Arabella[/name], and she is one and a half years old. I want to change her name, but I don’t want to go too far because she has to learn that she isn’t [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Zoey[/name] anymore. I need some suggestions please!!!

Family members names:
[name]Mona[/name]
[name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Colleen[/name]
[name]Marie[/name]

I like Stylish & Different Names!

[name]Maddie[/name] <3

Ar- names:

[name]Arianne[/name]
[name]Ariadne[/name]
[name]Ariel[/name]/[name]Arielle[/name]
[name]Aria[/name]

• bel/belle/bella names: ([name]Just[/name] using one ending here for ease but all will fit)

[name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name]
[name]Jessabel[/name] (though sounds like [name]Jezebel[/name])
[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Mabel[/name]
Lulabelle (heard this on a kid, may be a nn though)

Other names:
[name]Adelaide[/name]
Avelina
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Abella[/name] (femininised form of [name]Abel[/name], formed by contracting [name]Arabella[/name] down, so made up)

What about [name]Mara[/name]? Has the same sound at the beginning, and matches well with your other children’s names. [name]Mara[/name] [name]Belle[/name] [name]Colleen[/name] has a nice ring to it.

At that age I would definitely not change her first name. [name]Arabella[/name] is lovely and is already her name. I think it’s fine to change ore add another middle name to honor family. [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Sadie[/name] or [name]Arabella[/name] [name]Zoey[/name] [name]Colleen[/name].

Thanks for your opinions,
And I have decided on [name]Aria[/name] [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Colleen[/name]! What does everyone think???
I know,I have changed my mind so many times!!!

I think [name]Aria[/name] [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Colleen[/name] is lovely, I think it goes ok with [name]Shayla[/name] but I’m not so sure about Averick, honesty if I was you I would reconsider this one.

For my own sanity I’m going to assume this isn’t real. You just don’t change the perfectly lovely name of a child at that age.

I agree [name]Aria[/name] and [name]Shayla[/name] are pretty shame you gave up on [name]Isabella[/name] as it is a stand out name that any girl would love. I have reservations about Averick too.

Didn’t you say in your other thread that somebody in your family was already planning on using [name]Isabella[/name]?? Obviously you’re entitled to use it first, but it seems silly to swap from [name]Arabella[/name] when the whole issue with it was family use and to use [name]Isabella[/name], when your other family member might still use the name?

Also, PLEASE think carefully before posting a childs full name on the internet … her birth parents could google her name and find this thread and could stalk your nameberry account, could then find out her new name, could try to find more info etc. I know it sounds patronizing and extreme, but you can never be too careful with your safety and data protection etc etc.

[name]Aria[/name] is lovely, and is good because it should be quite easy to swap from [name]Arabella[/name] to [name]Aria[/name] as they are not that different.

I think you should edit out the part in the OP that says your adopted baby’s full name. As PP said, her birth family could find this quite easily.

I don’t think you should change her first name. [name]Fiona[/name] is a nice middle name.

It’s real. She’s now mine, and I’ll change her name if I like!

I have had my heart set on Averik from the start, and I’m not planning on changing it!
Mommy to [name]Aria[/name] [name]Sadie[/name] [name]Colleen[/name] [name]Hart[/name]
The most beautiful 1 and a half year old in the world is MINE!

Thanks, but her parents are long gone. They both died in a car accident when [name]Ari[/name] was only a couple months old I was told…
And [name]Isabella[/name] was decided against after, and [name]Isabella[/name] is now something completley different, [name]Heidi[/name] [name]Kate[/name] to honor my sister’s close friend, [name]Heidi[/name] who just passed away yesterday from Cancer, :frowning:

What an absolutely awful, immature attitude to have. Are you taking your “daughters” feelings into consideration at all here? [name]Do[/name] you not care about how confusing and difficult this would be for her?
I can’t believe my eyes.

If Maddie17 is being honest, I agree with LucyKate, she is behaving in an incredibly heartless and selfish manner and I hate to think of this poor child being adopted into her home.

Hopefully I am correct in thinking that [name]Maddie[/name] is not quite 17 yet and is playing games imagining her future…

Yeah, I have thought this for a while and commented on it. Stories don’t add up, facts change, and when she is called out on it, she blames it on typos or says her husband was typing under her account.

We have a forum called “Writer’s Corner” already.

Did you adopt her through the foster care system/department of children and family services? Did she have no relatives or a designated guardian in her parent’s will? It’s pretty rare that a healthy child under 2 becomes available for adoption straight away.

And unless she was already living with you (which you never indicated), I don’t know of any counties, states, or provinces (in your case [name]Canada[/name]) that allows an adoption to become legal the day a child moves in with you. Sure I’m just arguing semantics when you say “she’s mine now” but until you go through the full adoption procedings, she is not…and with social work visits, I’d think you would want to be more careful about posting her full name and divulging details about her to strangers online. My husband and I have met with social workers before regarding adoption and the process is very “open.” The child’s social worker has pretty much complete access to your lives so they can make an informed decision about the placement of that child. The homestudy and post-placement visits are extensive. I’m sure as an adoptive mother you know all this though.