Isabella?

Hello Berries!

I have recently fallen in love with whimsical [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. While not being brave enough to put her on my signature, I am brave enough to ask your opinions! I really don’t care about its popularity, I just like its sound and background. I do wish it wasn’t so popular, but it seems parents have realized how wonderful [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is. In fact, maybe it popularity boosts its wonderfulness in some more indirect way :slight_smile:

So what are your opinions on [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]? [name_f]Love[/name_f] it, hate it, or in between? All replies appreciated!

• PLEASE BE POLITE WITH YOUR REPLIES-

• [name_u]Tali[/name_u] <3

[name_f]Love[/name_f] it! The nicknames for it are super cute too :slight_smile:

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is a gorgeous name. It’s quite deserving of its popularity.

I absolutely love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and like @southernmaple said, it is absolutely deserving of its popularity.
It is elaborate, feminine and has that hispanic spark that I love.
I know some people partially attribute its success to twilight, but the name was top 10 before the books were released in 2005.
Only detraction to me is that it was included in Twilight as I despise the books and people make the association despite the fact that it was a popular name before the movies came out.

I still love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophia[/name_f].

It’s a beautiful name. Many of the top names are… Popularity matters way too much around here.

I love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]. They are both beautiful with a bit of cutiness mixed in. For me the name honors my late sister. I have had [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] on and off my list so many times. I have not know many. Now I want to add [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] back on my list. :wink:

I’m just glad others appreciate its spunk, charisma and pretty sound. Keep the replies coming.

I like [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. A lot, actually, but as [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]'s my top choice for a girl, it doesn’t quite compare. I like that [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]'s lighter, a bit less frilly, but och, [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]'s so lush! I love the [name_u]Austen[/name_u] ties, too (granted, I don’t love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_m]Thorpe[/name_m]. But it just reminds me of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] and her wonderful world of Regency [name_f]England[/name_f]. :)). I quite like [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], but it’s become so popular that at this point, it isn’t a lovely literary gem, but a trendy (albeit beautiful) option. It doesn’t feel special anymore. That doesn’t make me love it any less (I’m with you; I’d use a popular name if I truly loved it. [name_f]Olivia[/name_f]'s just about as popular, and I’d easily use that), but I would much prefer to use [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] over [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. However, if I could get my husband on board with [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], but not [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], I’d easily take it. I’d love to have a [name_f]Bella[/name_f] or an [name_u]Issy[/name_u]. :slight_smile: I just like [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] more. I even have an [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] combo I adore–[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] [name_f]Poppy[/name_f]. :slight_smile: I just find [name_f]Poppy[/name_f] so fresh and spunky and unexpected and floral–I like it with the romantic, rich, lush, girly [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

It gets a thumbs up from me. I’m all for another [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] lover on here. :slight_smile: Makes me feel like I’m not so lonely in my love for [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], haha!

I much prefer [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] but [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is gorgeous. [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is only 11 in Australia (our top name is [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]) and I have never met a baby [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] I know a few who are my age.

@[name_u]Ash[/name_u] - I love [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] also, but my sister has a doll named [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]. That’s the only thing standing in the middle of putting [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] on my list instead. Sadly, that’s my immediate association :frowning: I used to love [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] much more, but [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] has taken over that spot :slight_smile:
@Ebs - I only know one [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], she’s in 7th grade and goes by [name_m]Isi[/name_m]. She was my neighbor in SF, but other than that, I don’t know any Isabellas.

I did it, I put sweet [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] back on my list. Honestly she is my favorite.

I love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. It sounds quite frilly at first but it’s actually a royal name with a lot of history, which I think gives it more weight and turns it from a cutesy-frilly name into a rich, regal-frilly name, if you get what I mean. :smiley:

I just love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f], and all of her variations and nicknames! [name_f]Belle[/name_f], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u]/[name_u]Issy[/name_u], ahh so gorgeous. I can’t use it as a first name but [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is a likely mn to honor a late family member.

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is a cute name. I think it’s popular because it’s well loved.

My name is [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and I always had mixed feelings about my name. For one because people where I live sometimes pronounce it a bit weird because of their dialect, also many, many people confuse my name with [name_f]Isabell[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] which I always found really annoying (and don’t really understand at all because in the year I was born the name was #7 in my country so there should be lots of Isabellas running around here :D). If I could have named myself I would have probably chosen [name_f]Izabelle[/name_f] because I like the sound better.

I do love [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]; it’s not one of my favourites but I do find it beautiful. It’s really a classic that’s been used for hundreds of years, and has just become even more popular than before (it never dropped totally off the radar for long, if at all). [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] d’[name_f]Este[/name_f] was a remarkable Renaissance woman and she makes me like the name even more.