Isabella

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]

I am wondering if I was to choose the name [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] as my new first name would I get nicknamed? I don’t really want a nickname you see. If I had to choose a nickname for [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] it would be [name_u]Issy[/name_u].

So what do you think? Would I get nicknamed or would people call me [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]?

Thanks in advance.

As an [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], one of the most nickname-able names ever, I will tell you that most will ask if you go by [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] or by something else when you are first introduced to them. [name_m]Just[/name_m] inform them that you like [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] or [name_u]Issy[/name_u] and they will respect that. My family and friends call me [name_f]Bette[/name_f], but my coworkers and clients call me [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] at work because it is more professional. They know my preference and respect it.

Sometimes there will be people who will give you a nickname right away to seem friendly, but you just have to gently correct them and they usually will not do it again. There was a guy at work who called me [name_f]Liz[/name_f] the first time I met him and I just told him that I preferred to be called [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] and he never did it again. It wasn’t rude for him to call me [name_f]Liz[/name_f] and it wasn’t rude to correct him.

Hopefully this helps and good luck with the name change! [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is a lovely choice. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is beautiful! I love it.

I agree that nicknames are what you make it. My sister has a three-syllable name, and almost never gets nicknamed, but my other sister has a name with just as many syllables, and she does get nicknamed. In fact, she goes by a nn about 99% of the time. I think if you politely insist that it’s just [name_f]Isabella[/name_f], or whatever, people will follow suit. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Yep! If you tell people when you introduce yourself that you prefer [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] then I think they will stick to it! [name_f]Lovely[/name_f] name :slight_smile: