Isadora

What do you think of [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]? Why do you think it’s so unpopular while [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] has been a top 10 name for years? Is [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] usable or not?

It has been on my list for years if I ever get a girl. :smiley:

I like it and think it’s usable. It’s a bit frilly for my usual taste, but doesn’t strike me as too [name_m]OTT[/name_m] and has some lovely potential nicknames. I imagine it’s just not on a lot of people’s radars; I certainly think it has the potential to become more popular. It doesn’t feel out of place next to the elegant, feminine names which are topping the charts at the moment ([name_f]Amelia[/name_f], [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]…)

I like it a lot and I definitely think it’s usable. In fact, I actually prefer [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] over [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. I think that [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] is more popular because it has more of a princessy feel to it, fitting in with with the equally popular Olivias and Sophias of the world. [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], on the other hand, has a more boho and quirky vibe, reminding me a little bit of [name_f]Matilda[/name_f]. I think it’s popularity will grow for sure.

I think it’s perfectly usable. [name_f]Belle[/name_f] names seems to be peaking right now while [name_f]Dora[/name_f] names have perhaps been slowed by pop culture, but I expect [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] and [name_f]Dorothea[/name_f] to gain traction. [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] is great! I probably wouldn’t use [name_f]Dora[/name_f] or [name_u]Dory[/name_u] as the nickname, but that still leaves [name_f]Dot[/name_f]/[name_f]Dottie[/name_f], [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], and [name_f]Sadie[/name_f].

Personally, I would choose [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] over [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] because I much better prefer the nickname [name_f]Bella[/name_f] over [name_f]Dora[/name_f]. That’s my only reasoning I could see why [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] would be more popular!

I love [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]!
I think [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] gets a lot of attention because it’s always been used - from medieval times onwards. It feels familiar and safe and though I do like it, it is very popular.
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] on the other hand feels more daring, but I think it’s lovely. Strong but beautiful

I don’t like it. It sounds very harsh.

Personally I favour [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabella[/name_f], bit I do think [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] is pretty too (and totally usable!) :slight_smile:

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] is strikingly elegant and also totally usable! I had [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Lucille[/name_f] and [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Celine[/name_f]/[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] before.

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] is beautiful, unique and classic.

If my son had been a girl he would have been [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] (we do family middle names). So, obviously, I think it’s beautiful and totally usable. I have always been puzzled by how uncommon it is.

I love [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]! I’m not a fan of [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabella[/name_f]

It’s a beautiful name & it’s definitely usable! Not a clue why it isn’t as popular. I’m not personally fond of the nickname [name_f]Dora[/name_f], but I do like [name_f]Sadie[/name_f] as a nickname.

It’s a beautiful name but, I don’t like the meaning. So I wouldn’t personally use it but, I could see someone else use it for their child.

I really like [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]. I would normally class it as far too frilly, but I have liked it for such a long time that I still love it. It’s perfectly usable, and in my opinion that it isn’t as popular as [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] (which is also lovely) is a good thing.

I love both [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and prefer it to [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. I’m personally glad that such a beautiful and historic name has managed to stay under the radar, but I would definitely approve of it being used and would love to meet a little [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]!

My guess is that for a long time [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] has reminded people of [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_m]Duncan[/name_m], the modern dancer from the '20s who died when her scarf got wrapped around her car’s axle. There was also a comic strip w/a character named Dumb [name_f]Dora[/name_f] from sometime in the mid-20th century, so that may have played a role in the lack of interest in [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]. I’m guessing from the fact that no one to this point has mentioned either of these things that the association has pretty much worn off, so it wouldn’t surprise me to find [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] increasing in popularity.

[name_f]Isadora[/name_f] was not on my radar until Björk named her daughter [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]. It has steadily grown on me over the years, and I’d consider it for a middle myself. [name_f]Anouk[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] are three of my favourite combos atm. :slight_smile: