Isaiah or Malachi?

Which name do you prefer: [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] or [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]?

Baby’s brother is named [name_u]Eli[/name_u] [name_u]David[/name_u]. The name [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is loosely inspired by grandpa’s middle name, [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

1 Like

I think they’re both lovely! I slightly prefer the meaning of [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], since it’s tied to family, but I slightly prefer the flow of [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. Not very helpful, I know, but the good news is that you can’t go wrong with either one!

1 Like

I love [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] :blue_heart:

But if [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is an honor name I would probably go with that.

1 Like

I like them both. Generally, I lean towards [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], but I would vote [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] for brother [name_u]Eli[/name_u] because [name_u]Eli[/name_u] & [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] are a little too rhyme-y, imho. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love the sibset [name_u]Eli[/name_u] and [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] :white_heart: [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] is perfect, or if you want to honor [name_u]Michael[/name_u] maybe [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]?

1 Like

I would have originally said [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m], but seeing that it’s inspired by your family, I would go with [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]. Can’t go wrong either way as they’re both beautiful names

1 Like

I think [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] is a really nice combo that flows beautifully.

1 Like

Isaiah!!!

1 Like

[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I like both a lot! With [name_m]Luke[/name_m] as a middle I prefer [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m]. Really nice combo! I do like that [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] doesn’t share an ending sound with [name_u]Eli[/name_u].

1 Like

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is my favourite :dove:

I love the name [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] he wasn’t on my radar before meeting my partner however he has definitely made me fall in love with them. [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] is gorgeous such a lovely biblical choice rich in religious history and comes with the dreamy meaning ‘messenger’. For me [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] feels peaceful, calming and angelic with the nickname [name_u]Kai[/name_u] adding a fun edge. I also love how he connects to your grandfather. [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] feels like a strong choice but both are great contenders

1 Like

I love both, but [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] would probably be my favourite! I prefer the overall feel of [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] to [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m], too.

In general and with [name_u]Eli[/name_u], I prefer [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m], but for your family, [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] seems like a great choice!

1 Like

I prefer [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] but I’d pick [name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] for you, solely because [name_u]Eli[/name_u] and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] rhyme so it throws me off. But I like how it honours [name_u]Michael[/name_u], so ultimately I think it depends whether the rhyming names would bother you or not.

[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. I love [name_m]Malachite[/name_m] as a nn.

[name_m]Isaiah[/name_m] I cannot spell right no matter what I do.

I agree. That said, if you’re leaning to Malachi I think it’s still usable with Eli.