Isla and Airlie

I have a girl called [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and love the name Airlie. I’m wondering if people think the names [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and Airlie sound too similar as sibling names or if it works?

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] is a beautiful name , Airlie sounds trendy and quite off putting next to [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. It looks like you forgot a letter or misspelled it. Itsounds like a discount Airline

I would look for a more complete name and use Airlie as a nickname.

First thing that came to mind was [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] “Airlie”

[name_f]Araceli[/name_f]
[name_f]Oriana[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariana[/name_f]
[name_f]Aubriella[/name_f]
[name_f]Aurelia[/name_f]

I don’t think they sound too similar, though they do feel different in style - that might not be a big issue, especially if you love Airlie!!

You might also like [name_f]Arielle[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Others have touched on the style differences, so I won’t go there. To answer your question, I don’t think they sound too similar but I tried calling them out and got a bit tongue-tied. Maybe Airlie could be used as a middle name?

Airlie is adorable and works wonderfully with [name_f]Isla[/name_f]!

I do fumble a bit saying [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and Airlie together, and Airlie itself is a bit of a mouthful in my accent. I find myself wanting to make it three syllables, like “airily,” though I assume it’s supposed to be two, “air-lee.” I probably wouldn’t use them together, because they do sound similar, but you should use what you love.

I do like the suggestion of [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] “Airlie” or [name_f]Arielle[/name_f]. Also, maybe you’d like Eirlys? It’s a Welsh name that sounds very close to Airlie, and it means “snowdrop.”

I think they’re different enough to work well for siblings. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] & Airlie both look and sound very nice together.