Isla as a hyphen….I’m kinda in love

[name_f]Do[/name_f] you tuber [name_f]Yasmyn[/name_f] Switzer named her youngest Millie-Isla and since hearing that I’ve been obsessed. Like isla as a hyphen I love it.

Laurie-Isla [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is the name I got out of it rn lol

3 Likes

Laurie-Isla is darling! i agree [name_f]Isla[/name_f] works really well as a hyphen name; it has a similar feel to common hyphen names like [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_u]Anne[/name_u], etc.

2 Likes

Ooh Laurie-Isla is really pretty!!

1 Like

I’m not a massive fan of [name_f]Isla[/name_f] I feel she’s a trendy and I also really dislike modern hyphenated names for example Ava-Rose or Ellie-May (whereas Mary-Kate is fine) but I actually think Laurie-Isla is pretty! There’s something very charming about the name and I also think Millie-Isla is sweet.

1 Like

See I have always loved isla (because I grew up on an island) but never felt I could use it because of the trendiness but this kind of hyphening gives it a unique quality especially when paired with a more vintage name

Also I’m a TOTAL sucker for hyphens. Absolute guilty pleasure. However my favorite hyphens are when it is two whole names not just a may or rose or Anne stuck on the end like uhhhhh Amelie-Maeve, Lacey-Blair etc except I mean I do have a SERIOUS soft spot for Maggiemae lol

1 Like

Exactly! But at the same time unexpected.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Yes! I’ve been swooning over hyphenated [name_f]Isla[/name_f] names since that YouTuber named her daughter Millie-Isla. Laurie-Isla [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] is darling!

Here’s some of mine:
Isla-Faye
Isla-Rae
Isla-June
Isla-Jewel
Fiona-Isla
Roxanne-Isla

1 Like

See I think that’s sweet the connection with you growing up on an [name_u]Island[/name_u] & of course [name_f]Isla[/name_f] I think teamed with a vintage name like [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] definitely works! It’s very pretty :sparkling_heart:

[name_m]Even[/name_m] though I’m not a massive fan of hyphenated names I do see the appeal and I agree I think when it’s a ‘filler’ name like [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_f]May[/name_f], [name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_u]Anne[/name_u] it’s just jarring. I find the filler name so redundant but I think Amelie-Maeve is pretty I find that far more appealing!

1 Like

It gets better when I tell you my grandmother who helped raised me is [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] and it’s the first time I’ve found a way to use [name_u]Laurie[/name_u] itself in a not super dated way

And same! I love the non filler hyphen names I think that they can be done in a way that is unexpected and stunning.

I’m the other way around, Mary-Kate is a name I don’t particularly like at all, but Ellie-May is adorable!

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] as the starting name also is adorable to me. Isla-Rose

Where I am hyphenated names a very popular so for me Ellie-May is a bit too trendy just isn’t my cup of tea 🫖

Ahhh, I’m not too aware of current trends as a high schooler + i’ve never met someone with a hyphinated name.

I think it depends where you live I’m in the UK so the trends are very different! But I can see the appeal

Yeah I totally see that. [name_f]My[/name_f] little cousin is Ellie-Mae (Eloise Mae). I feel like seeing hyphenated nicknames is more common in the states than actual hyphens.

1 Like

That’s the cool thing about names, is that no one thinks the same….however I imagine also the thing that makes finding a name with a partner difficult