Isla or Juliet???

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like better?

Respondents: 36 (This poll is closed)

• Isla : 12 (33%)
  • Juliet: 24 (67%)

I vote for [name_f]Isla[/name_f]!! We have it on our list as well. Good luck!

[name_f]Juliet[/name_f] has a timeless quality that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] lacks. [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m]'s [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] has staying power. I fear that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is a trendy “flavour-of-the year” choice. I would choose [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] for her history and depth.

I like the sound of both, but I voted for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]. I feel like [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] has a little more substance, since it has [name_m]Shakespeare[/name_m] cred, and while it’s rising up the charts it hasn’t made as big of a leap as [name_f]Isla[/name_f] has ([name_f]Isla[/name_f] jumped up around 300 points in one year!).

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]? :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for your comments! :slight_smile:

My thoughts exactly.

I voted for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], and I agree that it seems more classic than [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. I do like [name_f]Isla[/name_f], though, and I think it will be around for a while, I don’t see it being terribly dated in twenty years. I like emsky’s suggestion, [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is a beautiful name, while [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] [name_f]Isla[/name_f] doesn’t flow very well.

My initial thought. Why make yourself choose between two beautiful names?

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]!

Ditto to emsky, corajsb and fluzie.
I absolutely love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f].

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] may be a more in the moment name, but for me might as well strike when the iron is hott.
[name_f]Isla[/name_f] is also an old name as it was around in the late 1800s/early1900s it is just that it was recently brought to the spotlight by [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_m]Fisher[/name_m].
[name_m]Both[/name_m] names are also around the same level of popularity atm. I agree that [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] has the Shakespearian cred though, but I still prefer [name_f]Isla[/name_f] aesthetically.