Isla Pronunciation?

Question:

Is the trouble some people would have pronouncing [name_f]Isla[/name_f] a big enough deterrent for us choosing this name? All of the older people I tell about this name wince and say it wrong.

My husband and I are very fond of it…

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] [name_m]Moore[/name_m]

Thank you!!

Unless you live in a place with a large Hispanic population who would pronounce [name_f]Isla[/name_f] as “EES-luh”, I don’t think “Eye-luh” should be too much of a problem. It’s a relatively comtemporary name so older people may not be familiar with it like the younger crowd. Actress [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_m]Fisher[/name_m] has brought the name to the limelight.

I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is easy enough of a pronunciation to learn. [name_m]Even[/name_m] people with only the most rudimentary english skills can usually wrap their heads around how to pronounce Eye or I correctly. I wouldn’t allow the occasional EES-luh to throw me off.

I think [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is fairly main stream now and most people will get it right. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is beautiful!

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is gorgeous. [name_f]Isla[/name_f] is in my top 5. In talking names with people I have not ran into anyone that did not know how to pronounce the name.You may run into a few people here and there but there will always be people that have trouble pronunciation this name or another. I have found people having the most difficulty with pronunciation, and spelling, of names that I find rather simple. I would not worry about it.