Isla vs. Liv

I have both [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] on my list. I love that [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Liv[/name_f] are both are short, soft sounding names, but go back and forth between which I prefer — which do you prefer? (Bonus points for why and what kind of girl you picture each name as!)

1 Like

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] because i have always dislike [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. One being the popularity and oeople saying it as Is-la not Eye-la. Also I really Dislike [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] but i like [name_f]Liv[/name_f]. So [name_f]Liv[/name_f] hets my vote

I prefer [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], but both are sweet!

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - [name_m]Long[/name_m] flow-y dresses with dirt on the bottom, tangled hair, big smiles and falling down laughing, staying out after sunset catching fireflies, turquoise and gold

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] - Quiet and pretty, soft-spoken, small giggles, tea parties with stuffed animal guests, whispering a secret in your ear, pink and white

Definitely [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f]. I am so fond of [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] and it’s rare to see [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] be used though I don’t see why not + it links up with [name_f]Liv[/name_f] quite well and the discrepancy between their length balances the combo out very evenly and nicely.

1 Like

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] - sharp and pretty, floral not fussy

Wow, I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]! I think [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] would be really cool too!

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]: such a summer-y sunshine vibe! @winterlyricalfox description of “turquoise and gold” perfectly sums up how I picture this combo too! :desert_island::sun_with_face:

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f]: sleek, smart, cool, confident, with a dash of “ballerina”. :ballet_shoes: Definitely has that beautiful strength!

1 Like

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f].
I think [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is the prettiest of the 4 names.
These two go well together.
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] is not a full name to me.

1 Like

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] :ballet_shoes:

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] is such a streamlined, elegant, visually attractive and classic. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] has this imagery of a rural Scandinavian landscapes, glaciers, beautiful architecture and ballet. I can picture a [name_f]Liv[/name_f] being a studious petite girl with dark features and interest in ballet. This is only highlighted by the middle name [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] which has this understated frilliness. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] is very attractive.

1 Like

I don’t love [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f], but I still prefer [name_f]Liv[/name_f] to [name_f]Isla[/name_f]! It feels really sweet and gentle to me, and I think [name_f]Livvy[/name_f] is a really cute nickname, whereas I’ve never gotten the appeal of [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. To me it just blends in with [name_f]Layla[/name_f], [name_f]Ayla[/name_f], and all the similar-sounding -la names.

1 Like

@janeybaby Seconding this!!

[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] gets my vote :white_heart: I love [name_f]Liv[/name_f] even as a stand-alone, it’s such a pretty, soft and classy name with a beautiful meaning.

I have always been a big fan of [name_f]Arabella[/name_f]. I think that it’s a such underused gem and [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] not only balances [name_f]Liv[/name_f] but also highlights its elegance, frilliness and softness :cherry_blossom::sparkles:

1 Like

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. Both are beautiful though💜

I’d vote for [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] because I adore [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], but I think I’d prefer [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] as a whole combo :smiling_face:

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is really charming and warm, it gives me autumn vibes and I picture a smiling child wearing cotton jumpers playing with fallen leaves

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Isla[/name_f] to [name_f]Liv[/name_f] but Im not crazy about [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] or [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] even though your combos are lovely. [name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabella[/name_f] would be my favorite combo!

i’m the total opposite lol

I have never been a fan of Isla. Liv Arabelle is beautiful, but my preference goes to Liv Marigold.

My daughter is L.iv M.arlowe. I love her name! It’s simple, minimalist and spunky. I wanted an international name, easily pronounceable in English but also in French and in German (we live in France, 10 minutes away from Germany).

When people heard about her name, I didn’t want them to think “it’s too old”, “too popular”, “too out there” or “invented”. I needed a neutral name with no connotation and with a strong story behind it (in Norse Mythology, Liv was foretold to survive the end of the world and to repopulate it), giving me the option to use a range of names after hers. Liv was an opened door because it fits well with classic names, vintage names, French, German, English, Scandinavian, Russian names, names that are rare or more popular.

I didn’t want to “trap” my daughter into a certain style and I thought Liv would fit an athlete, an artist, a little girl in Vans with her skateboard under her arm or a calm book lover in her “col claudine”.

My only fear was that people think that Liv is a diminutive of Olivia. I’m not a huge fan of Olivia, it’s just too popular. Liv has its own roots, origin and story.

Liv was our rainbow baby. It was such a relief to know her name meant “life” and “protection”.

Her little brother is E.lliott E.verest.
If we have the chance to have another baby, we like Zadig, August, Vadim, Brune, Colette, Thelma, Zola, Josephine, Leontine, Marigold, Juno, Alma…

1 Like

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f] is bright, summery, outdoorsy, spunky, and fun.
[name_f]Liv[/name_f] [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] is sweet, soft, and princessy. Bonus points for [name_f]Arabelle[/name_f] because I prefer it to [name_f]Arabella[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] preference is for [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_f]Marigold[/name_f]. I don’t find [name_f]Liv[/name_f] substantial enough as a first name, and although it’s not [name_f]Olivia[/name_f], it’s very similar to [name_f]Olivia[/name_f] which is even more popular than [name_f]Isla[/name_f].

isla marigold is stunning! i picture a little girl wearing a floral dress with a cheeky grin on her face who loves to spend time reading and exploring the great outdoors :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I prefer [name_f]Liv[/name_f] because it’s more stylish to me

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] Marigold!! Such a gorgeous combo!

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter is emotional and empathic. The love she has for others is incredible and beautiful. She doesn’t know how to deal with unfairness, doesn’t understand why some people don’t want to share, hates when somebody is sad, she just has a big heart.

She is very active and loves outdoorsy activities like hiking, running, skiing, biking, climbing, swimming, skating. She is a nature lover.

During her quiet moments (God knows there isn’t enough of those) she reads books, cooks with her dad, paints or empties my drawers. Not even sure why we have toys.

She is also very stubborn and can be sassy. Nothing has been easy with her (sleeping, eating, playing alone, staying calm…)

She never stops talking. When it’s too quiet you can be sure something is going on. Yes, she would use butt cream to draw on the windows while I’m changing her brother.

And well… she likes pink, nail polish, princesses and unicorns :grin:

1 Like