Isla

What are your thoughts on [name_f]Isla[/name_f]? It has a sweet, pretty, and nature feel. I think it fits in well with my top boy names. I am at a loss as to what girl names would fit.

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f]!!!

I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f], and I agree it fits great with your boys.

[name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_f]Ivy[/name_f], [name_f]Esme[/name_f], [name_f]Este[/name_f], [name_f]Fiona[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Clio[/name_f], [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Kira[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Nola[/name_f], [name_f]Maeve[/name_f]…?

I had to look up the pronunciation the first time I saw it, but I think it’s pretty easy to learn, and it’s becoming more familiar. It’s a very lovely sound and I do like the short & sweet aspect. The meaning is not exciting for me, but I can tell just from your icon that it might have more relevance for you :slight_smile: It’s been in use for a long time (always a plus for me) but never super popular. Might be heading that way soon, though.

On the whole, a really beautiful name! One thing about girl/boy names in sibsets-- personally, I think it’s okay to have one style for girls and a different one for boys, as long as they don’t clash horribly. Like, you can do western cowboy names ([name_m]Silas[/name_m], [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m], [name_m]Boone[/name_m]) and pair them with spunky vintage girl names ([name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Etta[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f]), and somehow that works – at least to me. :slight_smile: I think your boys’ list is a bit diverse as it is, so you could argue that gives you a little more freedom too. [name_m]How[/name_m] would you describe your boys’ style?

Thank you.

I like [name_f]Cora[/name_f]. I love [name_f]Coralie[/name_f]. Would [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] be way too matchy? I love [name_f]Coralie[/name_f] mostly for the vintage feel and also I think it sounds very sweet.

[name_f]Nora[/name_f] is very sweet also. I think this is one that could grow on me.

Thank you.

I must admit that I have no clue what I would say my boys’ style is. lol Does anyone know???

[name_f]Isla[/name_f], through meaning, would be special for us.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I am at such a loss for girl names.

[name_f]Isla[/name_f] is my daughter’s name. Whenever I introduce her or someone hears her name I have always got very positive response. When we named her the name wasn’t in the top 1,000 and now it’s somewhere in the 200’s but in my opinion, that’s not a terrible thing because people are learning to pronounce it better the more popular it gets.

Thank you for sharing your experience!