Isla's little brother or sister

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,
I’m pregnant with our second child, due in February. Our daughter’s name is [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u], and I’m trying to finalize our shortlist. Our last name starts with Ch, and ends in [name_m]Hill[/name_m]. We aren’t finding out the sex. So far we have:

Girls:
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f] (nickname [name_f]Ginny[/name_f])
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] (nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u])
[name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Norah[/name_f]
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f]

Boys:
[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]

Front runners at the moment are [name_f]Florence[/name_f] or [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], I love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] but husband isn’t too keen. What do you all think? Is [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] too much with a Ch surname or is it cute in a [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Chaplin[/name_m] kinda way?

Cheers

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f] or [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]

I like [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] best

I think the spunky [name_f]Margo[/name_f] is the best “fit” with big sister [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. For the boys, I think [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] would be wonderful with your surname. I love [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] but not with your surname.

With [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u] I like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Margo[/name_f], [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]. I love [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f], maybe [name_f]Nora[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]. I am also not sure [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] works well with your surname, I would call out the full name and see how it sounds to you.

I like [name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f] for a sister for [name_f]Isla[/name_f]. For a brother, I like [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

With [name_f]Isla[/name_f] [name_u]Harper[/name_u], my favorites are [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Norah[/name_f] and [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m].

I really like [name_f]Isla[/name_f] and [name_f]Margo[/name_f] together, however, as much as I [name_f]LOVE[/name_f] the name [name_f]Norah[/name_f], I don’t think it’s the best fit with [name_f]Margo[/name_f]…the flow doesn’t sound right to me…[name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Norah[/name_f]…

Instead, how about [name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f], or [name_f]Margo[/name_f] paired with one of the other lovely names from your list:
[name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]

From your boys’ list, I quite like [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], it’s handsome and fun at the same time. My second choice would be [name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

You have excellent taste in names, you really can’t go wrong with such great lists. Good luck!

Thanks everyone! I love [name_f]Margo[/name_f] with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] as well, and [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is a family name so it works well. And agreed, i think [name_m]Harry[/name_m] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] sound best with our girl. Thanks for the advice:)

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]! [name_f]Florence[/name_f] makes me think of the [name_u]Brady[/name_u] Bunch lady, though. I’d go w/[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]. Congrats!

[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f] (nickname [name_f]Ginny[/name_f]) - doesn’t work with [name_f]Isla[/name_f] if you care a lot about the sibset.
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f] - the stress on the syllables doesn’t work for flowiness very well.
[name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] (nickname [name_u]Frankie[/name_u]) - I’d switch it to [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Francesca[/name_f]
[name_f]Margo[/name_f] [name_f]Norah[/name_f] - I like the [name_f]Margot[/name_f] spelling better, so [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Nora[/name_f] is superior in my opinion
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f] - I’d treat this the same as [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] [name_f]Margo[/name_f]; add a -t and switch the first and middle

Boys:
[name_m]Harry[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - I like this. [name_m]Henry[/name_m] may be even better
[name_u]Jules[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - [name_u]Jules[/name_u] always makes me think of nn for [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] from Psych, so it’s too feminine for a boy to me.
[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - [name_m]Charles[/name_m] for a formal name, and use [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] as a nick; other than that, this is a front-runner to me.
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - I don’t like the same ending sound with these

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] with a Ch last name can definitely work. I assumed [name_m]Churchill[/name_m] from your description of your last name and I think [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] [name_m]Churchill[/name_m] is adorable for a baby but can grow up with him as well, especially with full name [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

Great, thanks, you have reassured me with [name_m]Charles[/name_m]/[name_u]Charlie[/name_u] with our last name. And I’m loving [name_f]Margot[/name_f] [name_f]Florence[/name_f]…