Isla's sister Hazel?

See the results of this poll: Isla’s Sister: Hazel?

Respondents: 26 (This poll is closed)

• Isla & Hazel - Love it!: 15 (58%)
  • Isla & Hazel - eh: 7 (27%)
  • Isla & Hazel - No no no!: 0 (0%)
  • Isla & Aislinn/Ashlin/Ashlyn: 1 (4%)
  • Keep working on it sister!: 3 (12%)

Old fashioned names are cute… and not as popular anymore.
Plus, [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] look nice together.
I’m not a fan of ZZ as a nn, but Z is very cute :slight_smile:

GOOD [name]LUCK[/name]!

I voted “[name]LOVE[/name] IT!” but if I were you I would say the two names together a few times to see if you can say them together without tripping over them…

Then, You’re set!

[name]LOVE[/name], [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]!!! I think it is a perfect choice!!!

[name]Isla[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] are okay together but while [name]Isla[/name] stands out and says YES, [name]Hazel[/name] is quietly in the background like a little brown mouse.

I’m one of the few on this board who doesn’t love [name]Isla[/name], but I can see it’s appeal. I like [name]Hazel[/name] though. I voted “eh” because if I saw these sisters I wouldn’t love their names nor hate them. I feel like they could have better pairs. Maybe…

[name]Hazel[/name] & [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] & [name]Alice[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] & [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] & [name]Catherine[/name]

[name]Isla[/name] & [name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] & [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] & [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] & [name]Gemma[/name]

For some reason I see [name]Isla[/name] as a more clean, almost stream-lined name, but that is unusual. Wheras, [name]Hazel[/name] is more old-lady, a little more “dusty” that needs a match that is also a classic, old-lady name. Does that make sense? I feel like I’m talking nonsense, haha.

[name]Isla[/name] already exists though, so can’t rename her:) [name]Isla[/name] is my 11 (gosh almsot 12mo!) dd.

and I do like [name]Fiona[/name] but dh does not. He thinks about Shrek when he hears [name]Fiona[/name]. Get over it man :wink:

I almost voted [name]Love[/name] It! but then realized that I would get very tongue tied when trying to say their names together - espeically since they’re so close in age. [name]Isla[/name] and Izel I feel would come out a lot. But if you don’t have the same problem then I do like them.

Oh, sorry, I didn’t realise you already had an [name]Isla[/name]. As that’s the case I wouldn’t choose [name]Hazel[/name] as a sister for her. Sounds awkward for me.

And that’s a shame about your husband disliking [name]Fiona[/name], I think [name]Isla[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] are really pretty together - both are Scottish, but simple and relatively easy to pronounce, they also have a similar ending but aren’t too matchy. He really does need to get over the Shrek thing, [name]Fiona[/name] is so much more than that!

[name]Hi[/name]! I voted “eh,” but rather than “eh,” I just think that the names have very different feels to me, so I can’t easily see them together.

While [name]Isla[/name] feels elegant, feminine, delicate, and exotic to me, I think of [name]Hazel[/name] (which I love as much as I do [name]Isla[/name]) as being clunky and spunky.

With [name]Isla[/name], I guess I can better see simliarly exotic sounding or non-clunky names like:

[name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Annabelle[/name]
[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Camille[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Georgiana[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Jessamine[/name]
[name]Mirabel[/name]/[name]Mirabelle[/name]
[name]Simone[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Vivienne[/name]

I really do love [name]Hazel[/name], though!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

Have you ever seen the show “[name]Burn[/name] Notice”? There’s a [name]Fiona[/name] in that show. She made me get over “Shrek”. She’s a very strong woman. I like her character a lot. Maybe you should have hubby watch it :slight_smile:

I love [name]Isla[/name] with [name]Fiona[/name], super pretty.

I love:

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Hope[/name] and [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]