ISO middle name suggestions....

So [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is still on the top of my list, but my husband isn’t sold. While searching for more names I’ve fallen in love with [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. Maybe the hormones are making me delirious, or maybe I’ve been watching too much of the show Pretty [name_m]Little[/name_m] Liars but I love the spunky tomboy feel. My husband has been wanting a name that can have the nickname [name_u]Penny[/name_u] since I am not a fan of [name_f]Penelope[/name_f] - and [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] would work! Sorry for the rant, I guess I’m trying to sell it and preparing myself for some negative comments. Anyways, is like a feminine middle to balance the unisex first name. Thanks!! My list so far

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f]

I don’t see it as a girl’s name myself. Out of the middle names listed I like all but [name_f]Grace[/name_f].

I’ll disagree with the above and say that [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is my favorite from your list! I’ve always thought [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] has a really cool feel to it, and [name_u]Penny[/name_u] works well as a nickname!

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is in my top 10 for girls. I agree with you, it does have a spunky quality to it but I also think of it has having a refined, stately beauty. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is an adorable combo. What about [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]? [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Brighton[/name_u] (double barreled) is also in my top 10 and [name_f]Mae[/name_f] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] has a similar Southern charm to it. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] or [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] also make very nice combos.

[name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f], and I think [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] on a girl is gorgeous!

Spencer is great on a girl! I love all of your combinations, but Spencer Mae stands out to me as especially lovely and you get to use your beloved Mae! Penny Mae would be an adorable nickname too. Good luck and ignore the negative comments - this is YOUR baby girl; if you and your husband love it, then it’s the name for you! Middle suggestions:

Spencer Jane
Spencer Rose
Spencer Eleanor
Spencer Eloise
Spencer Josephine
Spencer Olivia
Spencer Ruby
Spencer Louisa
Spencer Emmeline

I’d much rather meet a little [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] (nn [name_u]Penny[/name_u]!! Adorable!) than yet another [name_u]Taylor[/name_u], [name_u]Riley[/name_u] etc… I love that you have found a fresh unisex-ish name.

That being said, I definitely agree that you should choose an obviously feminine middle name. From the ones you’ve listed, I like [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] best of all. It makes the whole combination sophisticated. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] would be my second choice, as you mentioned it being a favourite of yours.

Congratulations!

Thank you for the encouraging feedback! And I love [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] too!

i love the nickname [name_u]Penny[/name_u] for [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]! I’ve never heard that before. [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] is precious. I also like pp suggestion of [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. It makes [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] feel more classic/elegant. I know a female [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] and she is very well liked. other suggestions:

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Bryn[/name_u] *
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_u]Kelley[/name_u]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Elise[/name_f]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] *
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Jade[/name_f]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]

It makes me sad to see [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] on a girl. It is one of my favorite boy names. [name_m]How[/name_m] about just [name_u]Penny[/name_u]? [name_u]Penny[/name_u] [name_f]Grace[/name_f] is adorable…and feminine.

I really like [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] on a girl! I think [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] sounds lovely! :slight_smile:

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u] is rather funky, yes, but I think that it has an overly masculine tone to it. I would always assume [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] was a boy. However, if you go for it, I think [name_u]Spencer[/name_u] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is the nicest combo. [name_f]Violet[/name_f] is spunky and works with the masculinity of [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]. [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Grace[/name_f] are too soft and feminine and clash (for me, anyway).

[name_f]Grace[/name_f] or [name_f]Violet[/name_f]! [name_f]Mae[/name_f] would work too, but [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] doesn’t flow overly well in my opinion.