Isobel

What do you think of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]? Thoughts on the spelling, the name itself, its popularity in your area, etc? My SO loved my suggestion of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f].

I’m having a super tough time choosing a name! I know I want to incorporate at least one of the names in my signature but beyond that I seem to be falling in love with every name I come across. Lately [name_f]Theodora[/name_f], [name_f]Cora[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] and [name_f]Ivy[/name_f].

I really like it and have considered it myself. This is also my favorite spelling of it. I think it looks sophisticated, a bit unusual, and it just makes me happy to look at. However, I do think that people would be very likely to spell it as [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] :confused:

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is gorgeous!! Really, any name from your signature is. If it helps, maybe you could throw together a poll and let Berries vote, or just make a pro/con list of different combos and see what your mind comes up with.

This is my favorite spelling and I quite like it with [name_f]Josephine[/name_f]. There might be some spelling errors, but I don’t think this would be a difficult name to bear.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is my favorite spelling, so posh and classy BUT it is extremely popular where I live so I find it a bit dull and boring.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is stunning. I adore this spelling and I’ve not come across any little [name_f]Isobel[/name_f]'s in my area (american south east)

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is my favorite girls’ name (that spelling), so obviously I’m a fan! It’s such a gorgeous name. I agree that most people will probably opt to spell it [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]–I never heard of the Scottish spelling until I joined Nameberry!–but regardless it’s a lovely name, and [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] works really well! I think it’s lovely. [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f] or [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] would be ridiculously lovely, too, or [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]?

Good luck!

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is gorgeous. While I usually like the spelling [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] better, I love this streamlined version with the long middle name. I have met many Isabelles/Isabels but have not come across any Isobels.

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is very popular in my area (north america pacific north west), so for that reason I don’t really like any spelling because I hear the name all the time. I do think [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] looks very pretty though!

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is very much my favourite spelling variation. :slight_smile: I think it’s a pretty name!

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] (this spelling) was the first name I truly fell in love with! I still think it’s absolutely gorgeous and I think this spelling feels so elegant and striking. I think [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] would be a lovely combo.

I’m from the PNW too! Good to know about the popularity.

Thanks everyone!

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is the only spelling of the name I like! I think it’s so pretty. I live in [name_m]New[/name_m] [name_m]York[/name_m], and have met so many Isabelles but I’ve never met an [name_f]Isobel[/name_f].
The first time I saw the spelling was while watching [name_u]Grey[/name_u]'s Anatomy and I just thought it was so light and beautiful.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is also stunning. Very sweet and spunky.

I’m from NYC and have met a million [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/Isabels but had never heard/seen the [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] spelling until I joined Nameberry. It’s definitely not my favorite spelling just because it always kinda looks wrong to me (because I’m so used to the other spellings), but I really love the sound of the name. And [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is a great middle name!

I’m also in NYC. I love [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] (this spelling) and we were tempted to use it for our [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], but there are just too many little girls around here named [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabella[/name_f] and called [name_u]Izzy[/name_u], [name_f]Bella[/name_f], and [name_f]Belle[/name_f].

BUT - I was just reading that one of the little royal wedding bridesmaids is named [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Veronica[/name_f] and called [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]. If I’d been clever enough to think go that, we might very well have named our daughter [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] V-- called [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]!

I [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] [name_f]ISOBEL[/name_f]! ”
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] is in my top 5. So, long story short, I always wanted to name my daughter-- if I ever have one :slight_smile: [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. Unfortunately, [name_f]Isabella[/name_f] has become SOOO popular (thanks to Twilight) so I stayed away from it :frowning:
But after seeing the Scottish version of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] (Yea, on Nameberry!) I loved it!
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is beautiful! :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], it’s just very namberry-ish to me with that spelling and in this combo. They are both absolutely beautiful names, but they don’t excite me together.
I do like [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Daisy[/name_f] though - something that makes mature [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] feel a little more youthful and sweet.

[name_f]Isobel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f] is the perfect name. It’s the little girl next door who you watch grow up. The braids your mom did for you on the first day of school. The most wonderful first bite of an apple. Violin music on the front porch in summertime. I can’t sing her praises high enough!