Isolde vs Anastasia

The husband and I have been brainstorming baby names since we plan to be pregnant this time next year. We want to have 2 names for each gender picked out (ideally we would like to have 2 of each gender). First names are absolutely not negotiable.

Our first set is [name_m]Fox[/name_m] [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]/[name_m]Fox[/name_m] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m] (not entirely decided on 1 or 2 middles) for a boy and [name_f]Aria[/name_f] Estellise for a girl.

Cinder is our second girl name (we will certainly be using it, if given the opportunity) but I am torn between Cinder [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] and Cinder [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]? I really adore both and like each for different reasons.

I’m open to other suggestions, I want something that’s at least 2 syllables and is “familiar” but not really common (No Katherines or anything like that). Probably something that’s more feminine since Cinder is more gender neutral (to me).

I’m also not against 2 middle names, and our last name is hyphenated with a total of 3 syllables if that helps. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! :slight_smile:

Top Contenders So Far…

Cinder Juliette
Cinder Anastasia
Cinder Isolde
Cinder Davina

Cinder is definitely one I’m keeping :slight_smile: I’m honestly not really worried with teasing, I don’t want to let some hypothetical children influence my naming choices. Growing up with an unusual name I actually never got picked on for it. I was picked on for my totally normal last name (go figure) but no permanent damage done. I never really associated Cinder with [name_f]Cinderella[/name_f], probably because I didn’t watch it much growing up. I was more of a Beauty and the Beast/[name_m]Black[/name_m] Cauldron kind of girl.

I agree though, I think Cinder [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] sounds better although I like both. It looks better to me as well. I love the magical feel of [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] though maybe it’s too “disney princess-y” with Cinder since some some people may think of [name_f]Cinderella[/name_f].

Other similar sounding names near [name_m]Isadore[/name_m] might work tool. Isildur, [name_m]Isidore[/name_m], [name_m]Isadore[/name_m]…

Isildur/Isildure/Isildore I also like. I sort of want to look at different but similar names to [name_f]Isolde[/name_f].

Almost completely forgot, Cinder [name_f]Juliette[/name_f] is a contender as well :slight_smile: